best optio( to extend G1WH cable?

bwana devil

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1-WH
Is there a simple solution to extend the cable for the G1WH? When hooked up, mine is about two feet short.

I see cable extenders on amazon but they don't have the right connectors. I need mini USB on both sides. Any ideas?

If you like, you can wait for a month, you will get a 1.5 or 3m extended lens, the new development we wre working on. A total new product.

Have fun and enjoy!

If you like, you can wait for a month, you will get a 1.5 or 3m extended lens, the new development we wre working on. A total new product.

Have fun and enjoy!
Not sure how this has to do anything with cables...

You can get extended cables, you have to search mini USB extended cable. You will find on amazon.

I use (10 foot) & (15 foot) USB-A to mini-B 5 pin cables from Monoprice and can wholeheartedly recommend them on price and quality. They are also available with gold plated connectors, a heavier AWG and a ferrite core but I have had no trouble with RFI or excess resistance with long cable runs from the ones I've linked. This type of cable will require a good quality USB charger with enough amperage. There are many to chose from on Amazon. An advantage to using USB-A to mini-USB cabling is that it will allow you to use an external USB battery pack to run your camera(s) in parking mode when away from your vehicle, if you so chose.

Last edited:
I use (10 foot) & (15 foot) USB-A to mini-B 5 pin cables from Monoprice and can wholeheartedly recommend them on price and quality. They are also available with gold plated connectors, a heavier AWG and a ferrite core but I have had no trouble with RFI or excess resistance with long cable runs from the ones I've linked. This type of cable will require a good quality USB charger with enough amperage. There are many to chose from on Amazon. An advantage to using USB-A to mini-USB cabling is that it will allow you to use an external USB battery pack to run your camera(s) in parking mode when away from your vehicle, if you so chose.

will any of the USB chargers you link to on the amazon page convert the electrical to 5V? the charger that came with the camera converts from 15V to 5V. The ones on the amazon page 15V but I don't see any reference 5V.

Thanks for the info.

will any of the USB chargers you link to on the amazon page convert the electrical to 5V? the charger that came with the camera converts from 15V to 5V. The ones on the amazon page 15V but I don't see any reference 5V.

Thanks for the info.

ALL of them convert to 5V as that is the USB standard voltage. Many will handle 12V to 24V DC input before converting to 5V. Randomly clicking through many of the products on the Amazon page I linked state these specs. For example, the first one on the Amazon page shows ---- Input: 12-24V - Output 5V 2.1A ,DC 5V 1A. Pretty much all of them will work for your purpose but the important thing to ascertain is whether the Amperage is high enough to power your device(s). Most dash cams require at least 1 Amp but some need at least 1.5 Amp (or more). If you have more amperage than that it will not harm the camera as it will draw what it needs but it needs to meet its minimum requirements to operate.

A highly rated one is the Anker 24W/4.8Amp Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger.

Last edited:
ALL of them convert to 5V as that is the USB standard voltage.

well aint that a son of a gun. Thank you for the info. I'm ordering one of the ones you linked.

Monoprice, where you need to order the cables I mentioned also sells a nice selection of USB car chargers if you want to order all at once from one place. Monoprice charges a modest fee for shipping but their overall prices and quality make it worthwhile. So, for example $1.31 for a high quality 10ft USB-A to mini-B USB cable is hard to beat even if they do charge about the same amount or so to ship it to you.

Back