Best overall dual cam for FL heat?

gooby24

Reaction score
Country
United States
Witnessed a horrible rollover crash yesterday and decided when I get my new ford truck next month to put in a dual dash cam setup. Budget up to $600. My very brief research led me to the U1000. My only concern is that I live in South FL and it being 105+ in the car is not unusual. Are these cams able to handle that sort of heat for years on end?

For that budget, what is the best cam setup for me?

The Blackvue can handle 167 degrees before shutdown, and the Thinkware can handle 140 degrees.

Last edited:
My only concern is that I live in South FL and it being 105+ in the car is not unusual. Are these cams able to handle that sort of heat for years on end?
Street Guardian (SG) cameras are designed for Australia's heat. In the two years I've used my SG9663DCPRO in Alabama's heat I've never had a problem with it (more info here). See another recent discussion here. Cameras that use super-capacitors to power the camera to write the last file to memory before shutting down deal with heat better than those with on-board batteries. SG uses super-capacitors.

I'll second the SG recommendation. I've had my cars sitting on asphalt parking lots in full sunlight on 100+ degree days with no issues,

Back