Best parking surveillance

Sphynx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm very glad to have found this forums, must say i'm amazed at how little information there is around the web about these dashcams.
I've looked around the threads of the forum but can't find something that suits my needs exactly, perhaps some of you can direct me to a suitable product?

The main objective i'm trying to achieve with a dash cam is surveillance of my parked car. I study three evenings per week, somewhere where my only option is to park in the street. During the past years, my car has been bumped and scratched from every side, and my insurance doesn't wish to pay for the fixing anymore, even though i pay quite a lot for this coverage.

I'd like to find a product good enough to record around when there's any movement detected, perhaps some system with multiple extension cameras to cover both sides of the car, or one of these dashcams that i could rotate to cover the sidewalk side when parked and back to the front of the car when driving?

Many thanks for your feedbacks,

Hi Sphynx,

If you are looking for a camera for parking surveillance, you probably want to consider a Korea camera. They usually perform the best for this. The most popular are:

Itronics ITB-100HD (used to be available for under $200 on eBay, but unfortunately not anymore)
FineVu CR-500HD - a bit expensive at around $280 but it has good quality video and it can rotate to record the sidewalk
BlackVue DR500GW-HD - a new camera with WiFi, reliability problems may be fixed?

Unfortunately, these options are not cheap.

Back