Best Rear View Camera for $150

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I just purchased a new 2014 Ford Focus and I'd like to have a backup camera installed.

Since I don't want to pull the entire dash apart to put in a head unit stereo to view the back up camera, I think a softer solution so I don't void too many warranties is to use a rear view mirror as my camera.

I've seen some pretty cool ones from E-Prance on Amazon like this Android based one or this one without Android but a greater field of vision for front dash cam recording.

If the unit has superior dash cam recording abilities, then I am willing to spend $200 for it as I would not have to purchase a Mobius dash cam, but it would still need to be able to do the backup camera as well.

Ideally, it won't have the front view camera hanging out from the device (top or bottom) but is rather built into the mirror housing so it is more discreet.

I will have the unit professionally installed as to ensure that I don't mess up any of the electronics and will probably have the Mobius dash cam installed at the same time if the rear view mirror/camera does not have a front camera as well.

Is there any that you would recommend up to the $200 range? Hopefully sold on Amazon or similar and shipped from the US? I've seen a few posted on this forum, but they're all sold directly from China and I'm a little wary of having to wait so long to receive something and then it turns out it's defective and I can't do anything about it (already happened to me before).

Thanks!

Back