Best SD Card for A118C?

That was what I was referring to, and I was hoping they would fix it. There are still some 400X cards available but those are getting scarce. I sure hope Transcend doesn't follow Lexar into the dumps for dashcam-suitable cards.

Phil
I think they have some others in the range that are fine, just these new ones are no good

Hey all. the Transcend 16gig I bought right around the time I first posted here has one glitch since. There was one session from the Viofo that recorded on 12/1 last year that stayed on the card and didn't get recorded over - I keep it pretty much loaded in the cam, rarely to take it out to watch vids. The one session had frames that were greyed out and pixelated. Other than that I haven't had any trouble so maybe it is starting to show its age. We'll see.

I've had great results with the Transcend 400X cards, but I'm not sure if those are still in production. I only switched to a different card due to ir's better price at the time, and recommendations here on DCT of that new card being good, which so far it has proven to be.

Cards have always been a weak point with dashcams and other video recorders because of the high write speeds and the high rate of cycling. Card prices are low enough right now to make buying a larger size card a better value when you consider that doubling the card capacity should double it's life-span. Of the recommended known good cards right now, 64GB is the 'sweet spot' for overall value with 128GB cards being pretty close to that. With the recent past showing how volatile card pricing can become I'd recommend upgrading now if you've been considering that.

Phil

I think A118C support 32GB max.
Anybody has had success with 64 or more?

Back