Best separate battery 2021

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A229
Hi

What's the recommended battery pack to get in 2021 for hardwiring a dashcam to? By battery pack, I mean a separate battery that charges without using the car's main battery. I believe Blackvue had one but I expect some interesting knowledge from this forum.

Another perhaps better choice can be seen here: BI-750 Dasncam battery.

For ages there wasn't anything else like the Cellink so naturally it became popular for this use- that's why it's the market leader. In recent times there have been enough reports of the Cellink Neo dying 2-3 years into use, sometimes sooner, that I can only recommend it with a caution to be aware that you might have this problem too.

The BI-750 is quite new so I can't exactly recommend it based on long-term user reports but so far it seems OK and it;s superior to the Neo in many ways. At this time I would say that it is at least an equal choice to the Neo and it could prove to be much better- I think it will be.

Phil

It is nice we see more competition / options here.

Another perhaps better choice can be seen here: BI-750 Dasncam battery.

For ages there wasn't anything else like the Cellink so naturally it became popular for this use- that's why it's the market leader. In recent times there have been enough reports of the Cellink Neo dying 2-3 years into use, sometimes sooner, that I can only recommend it with a caution to be aware that you might have this problem too.

The BI-750 is quite new so I can't exactly recommend it based on long-term user reports but so far it seems OK and it;s superior to the Neo in many ways. At this time I would say that it is at least an equal choice to the Neo and it could prove to be much better- I think it will be.

Phil
Looks like it's a YK Labs It's Cell.

$409.99USD from BlackboxMyCar, and I can purchase it locally here in Australia from Linelink for $342AUD
Seems a bit odd, considering the exchange rate makes it a lot cheaper here when it's usually the other way around.

Looks like it's a YK Labs It's Cell.

$409.99USD from BlackboxMyCar, and I can purchase it locally here in Australia from Linelink for $342AUD
Seems a bit odd, considering the exchange rate makes it a lot cheaper here when it's usually the other way around.
I don't know much about either one. I do know that a lot of "identical" stuff like this isn't, and it's usually done through cheaper cells inside. But if it is the same, the price savings are nice indeed!

Phil

Wow I could have a second car battery for less :p

AvgrD79.jpg

rSncY0o.jpg

cl5nF9b.jpg

check this:

LiFePO4 and LTO power bank for dash camera fully manufactured in the UK (Europe) for half Cellink price,

check this:

LiFePO4 and LTO power bank for dash camera fully manufactured in the UK (Europe) for half Cellink price,

is it actually available yet?

As far as I know it should be on sale this month.

AvgrD79.jpg

rSncY0o.jpg

cl5nF9b.jpg

check this:

Hi. Need your help. I have tested Power-core lfp 6200 recently and there is a problem with the 5V output. After some minutes power bank stops providing 5V. What's wrong with it?

Back