Best settings for the Mini 0803

xBladeDragonx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi DashCamTalk community!

After my friend tried to hard wire my 0801 to my car and it fried my 0801, I decided to purchase the 0803. However, there are new settings on here that have no explanation of what they are.

So, I'm asking the community, what are the settings you guys have that are the best (or at least you believe is best.) I'm playing around with it, but I don't have an SD card to actually record anything.

Speaking of SD cards, anyone have any recommendations? Or is that Samsung class 6 MicroSD from the 0801 still preferred?

Thanks all!

Hi

The class 6 limitation doesn't apply to the mini 0803, I use a Sony 64GB microSDXC (SR 64UY) and it works great.

Set EV to +1.0 for best picture brightness

Hello all.
Am a nube so my first post

I have a Foxoffer verison 0803 with GPS and Transcend 32G card. FW is the 07052014-V1

GPS on, EV - 0. I tried +1, but put it back to default. Spot metering, LDWS on and it works well, though quiet, if any louder it would be annoying as when you pull up at traffic lights in a lane with direction arrows, it picks this up as a line markers and beeps.
When I run at 1920x1080P, i have no problems with the Video displaying in RegistratorViewer, however I changed to 2304x1296 and now the video will only play using a VLC media player, but not in RegistratorViewer.
I notice in the file properties, for a 1920x1080 it shows frame width= 1920 - Frame height =1080 and Frame rate is 29 frames per second, however for the 2304x1296 mov file it does not show Frame width or height or frame rate
Anyone else experienced this issue and what was the resolution?

Also, I have tried to rotate the camera to get a different angle but it does not move. What is the trick?

Last edited:
I had the same issue with RegistratorViewer and 2304x1296. But when I installed the latest Full K-Lite Codec Pack on my Win7 laptop the problem gone away and video shows perfectly. Try it too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mini 0803 6
CheckYourLights Mini 0803 16
D Mini 0803 6
Back