Best Settings

Sdkfz173

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 402G
Hi guys,
Just set up my 402G positioned to the left of the rear veiw mirror so I can't see it while driving. The problem I have concerns the best setting for white balance etc as the camera has problems going from shadow to light. While driving in shadow the video is very dark and of no use. Can anyone suggest the best "middle of the road" settings that would solve this problem.

Hi guys,
Just set up my 402G positioned to the left of the rear veiw mirror so I can't see it while driving. The problem I have concerns the best setting for white balance etc as the camera has problems going from shadow to light. While driving in shadow the video is very dark and of no use. Can anyone suggest the best "middle of the road" settings that would solve this problem.
The default settings should be fine for most users. Good rule of thumb for camera alignment is %60 road/hood/dash and %40 sky. If your picking up too much sky, it could mess with your exposure.

The default settings should be fine for most users. Good rule of thumb for camera alignment is %60 road/hood/dash and %40 sky. If your picking up too much sky, it could mess with your exposure.
Thanks for the suggestion I'll check the camera alignment although I'm wondering if the low winter sun we have in the Uk at the minute is the main problem.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll check the camera alignment although I'm wondering if the low winter sun we have in the Uk at the minute is the main problem.

You're absolutely correct, if the camera is angled too high (too much sky) this can darken the part you actually need (the road area).

Please try with about 75% road, we find this gives the best results in these conditions.

If you like you could always send in a screen shot of what you mean to our technical support office for a second opinion.

Back