Best setup for nextbase 522

Lennie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a nextbase 522 what is the best setup to get the most out of the system? Do I have to have the app open constantly as well or will the camera do everything for me ?

The APP you should only need for doing changes to settings, maybe update firmware if nextbase do it that way thru.
And of course if you want to DL / save a video on the camera onto your phone, the wifi are most often pretty slow, but for a single file now and then it is fine.

I assume you at least want to set your time zone, so your videos have the correct time stamp, the actual / GMT clock / date come from the GPS satellites so no need to set that.
Also you might want to use another length of the video segments, but i dont know what nextbase support here, some dont even have a option to change this.
And maybe choose the best video quality.
And do settings in regard to parking mode if you have the camera hard wired and plan to use that.

But most dashcams you can plug right in and they will start up and record, maybe need a initial format of the memory card in the camera to get going, but then it of course use the default settings.

Play around all your want, the camera should have a reset to default option if you get things messed up too much, you can not destroy anything by playing with the settings options.

Back