Best switched tap for 2019 Santa Fe

Flighthawk

Reaction score
Country
United States
Currently, I am using the driver side power seat for the unswitched source and the window washer for the switched source. My unit doesn't turn on when I start the engine and have to turn it on manually. When I turn the car off, it does continue in parking mode, but I turn it off manually when in the driveway or garage. I've heard that there can be issues with some taps due to the CANBUS. Does anyone have a recommendation for which unswitched tap I should use?

I am sure the boss can get something from his TECH wizard, when they wake up that is, must be really early Saturday morning out there in Aussie land.

I've messaged our tech already and asked him to look this up, will reply back one I get his response

he just replied back now

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe:

Interior fuse location; Driver side instrument panel behind cover

Fuse type: Micro 2

+12V: DOOR LOCK; IBU

+Acc: ACC

Gnd: Bolt under instrumental panel, behind kickpanel against car side wall

As always please use a LED probe or multimeter to test the suggested fuse locations to make sure the power functions are correct.

Changed over the taps to DOOR LOCK (I had one Door Lock and two IBU fuses) and ACC. Works fine now. Thanks for the information. Maybe Street Guardian could have an online listing by Make/Model/Year as the data comes in, like OEM parts dealers have.

I think that will be too much to maintain, after all SG are pretty much a 1 man company as i understand it, so probably best to go case by case.
It is still only a few people that run into the same problem you did.

Changed over the taps to DOOR LOCK (I had one Door Lock and two IBU fuses) and ACC. Works fine now. Thanks for the information. Maybe Street Guardian could have an online listing by Make/Model/Year as the data comes in, like OEM parts dealers have.
We are planning on doing just that once the current list gets a bit longer

I think that will be too much to maintain, after all SG are pretty much a 1 man company as i understand it, so probably best to go case by case.
It is still only a few people that run into the same problem you did.
Not a one man show, can't do everything

I think that will be too much to maintain
Not necessarily. Just add to the list when you get the info. It can be “short” initially and grow organically as new ones happen to be identified as you go. Sometimes it’s universal and applies to all trim levels and is consistent across many model years, sometimes not, but there’s no reason to not share what we do know, even if not comprehensive.

It would be a cool project to start a wiki just for that. Too often these days manufacturers don’t even include the fuse box details in their owner’s manuals.

it is something that is already on the to do list, since we're back in lockdown again now we'll likely have a bit more time to look at getting it started

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Damn Dirty Ape SG9663DC & SG9663DCPRO 7
Back