Best Taxi Mode / Uber Interior Dash Camera

HonestReview

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I was talking to my neighbor about Dash Cams, and Recommended the Viofo A129 Duo with Hardwire Kit for each of his vehicles. I run the Zenfox T3 but that camera isn't worth purchasing. First unit overheated, as did my other unit I got for a family member. Second Stock unit I never touched has a bad spot on board, and any attempts to enable Wifi are met with connection failed, and cause the camera to freeze (stop recording). So the Zenfox T3 is a bust.

Does anyone have good suggestions on a secondary camera with low bitrate parking mode that can record the interior of the car both when driving and parked? I want reliability and at least 1080P for cabin interior. Neighbor is asking for suggestions on interior cams.

Viofo A129 Duo IR for rear and interior with A119 V3 for the front.

The Blueskysea B2W is also a good camera if its design matches your requirement.

The Zenfox T3 is a good camera, just not ideal for parking mode in hot climates.

Last edited:
Viofo A129 Duo IR for rear and interior with A119 V3 for the front.

The Blueskysea B2W is also a good camera if its design matches your requirement.

Thanks. I forgot about the Viofo A129 Duo IR. Also I couldn't think of the Blueskysea B2w. Going to research those both.

Is the Blueskysea a reputable camera from a reputable manufacturer? Does it use supercapcitors or a battery? Can it be hardwired to run while parked?

Also I agree with Zenfox T3. Compared to Viofo, the Zenfox is not offering buffered parking mode. Maybe because 3CH are too much to be buffered.

enjoy,
Mtz

Also I agree with Zenfox T3. Compared to Viofo, the Zenfox is not offering buffered parking mode. Maybe because 3CH are too much to be buffered.

enjoy,
Mtz
I guess because it is more cheaply built than the Viofo and doesn't have enough memory.

I don't have the Viofo cam to compare it to, but I do have a very hot workvan with a B2W running continuously in it and it has never shut down from overheat or any other anomaly. It is an excellent cam for Uber-type recording provided the form-factor works with your install.

Phil

Back