best U. S. distributor for warranty?

Hal1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Spytec offers 45 days. Any U. S. distributors that offer more? Of course I'd probably consider a SquareTrade warranty also.

online chat last night.

online chat with spy tech support that is

So, if I ordered it from Amazon I can actually get 90 day warranty from you?

Lastly, this may sound silly, but in the 90 day warranty I would send it to you, not back to the manufacturer?

I'll be ordering when I get home this evening, thank you for your quick responses

I placed two orders with SpyTec since Early May and both arrived in good condition, in a timely manner, and worked correctly out to the box. The first was a A118C w/GPS, and the 2nd was a Hardwire power kit . So take that for what its worth.

I had the a118c from another vendor and it died. I was more than satisfied with its operation. Now I'm on the fence between another one from spytech or the Street Guardian one with the upgraded internals. . I have been corresponding with both of them and they both seem like great vendors. Now it's just a matter of whether I want to try another a118c with a 90 day warranty or spring for $200 for the Street Guardian with a 1 year warranty.

Hest is an issue in Phoenix, but I try to take it out everytime I leave the car, though I sometimes forget for a little while. I know the lens warping could be an issue on the cheaper model, and would hope that the upgraded internals are generally more heat tolerant also on the street Guardian.

Last edited:
I've purchased from SpyTec on 4 different occasions - 3 times directly and once through Amazon when SpyTec was showing 'out of stock'. No issues with any of the orders. The standard shipping is via USPS and it seems that the postal system always manages to 'delay' the delivery by a day or two. If timely delivery is important you might want to consider upgrading the shipping.

I had the a118c from another vendor and it died. I was more than satisfied with its operation. Now I'm on the fence between another one from spytech or the Street Guardian one with the upgraded internals. . I have been corresponding with both of them and they both seem like great vendors. Now it's just a matter of whether I want to try another a118c with a 90 day warranty or spring for $200 for the Street Guardian with a 1 year warranty.

Hest is an issue in Phoenix, but I try to take it out everytime I leave the car, though I sometimes forget for a little while. I know the lens warping could be an issue on the cheaper model, and would hope that the upgraded internals are generally more heat tolerant also on the street Guardian.

our lens is better under high heat, we also use a different sensor and processor to the A118C, the main housing is the same and we use the same capacitors but it pretty much ends there, everything else is different, I appreciate that there is a large difference in the price but ours also comes with a lot more, GPS, 32GB memory card, OTG card reader etc and the warranty is 12 months replacement, sold and supported by @Pier28 in the USA

Pier28 offers a 1 year no hassle warranty on all products.

We offer over-the-top customer service + support, and we always make things right lightening fast.

Pier28 offers a 1 year no hassle warranty on all products.

We offer over-the-top customer service + support, and we always make things right lightening fast.

I am interested in your higher quality product, and am willing to pay a premium. However, is there a reason why the dash cam isn't sold by itself? I would like to be able to choose my own SD card, and I don't need the GPS or card reader.

I am interested in your higher quality product, and am willing to pay a premium. However, is there a reason why the dash cam isn't sold by itself? I would like to be able to choose my own SD card, and I don't need the GPS or card reader.

we prefer to supply the product with what you need as a known quantity, for example people sometimes buy less than ideal memory cards and then have problems and wonder why, better for us if we know what we're dealing with

we prefer to supply the product with what you need as a known quantity, for example people sometimes buy less than ideal memory cards and then have problems and wonder why, better for us if we know what we're dealing with

I understand, still it would be nice if we had the option to get our own SD card(which I think a more often than not people get high quality SD cards from SanDisk, etc) and cut the extras included(which are often overpriced) and be able to just buy the camera itself. Please let me know if and when you guys offer this. It's a shame that I have to go with a lower quality camera because of this reason.

You see this is a classic example, we do only supply them with high quality memory cards, Sandisk cards are high quality, however they are not recommended for these cameras, that's the type of potential issue that we want to avoid

You see this is a classic example, we do only supply them with high quality memory cards, Sandisk cards are high quality, however they are not recommended for these cameras, that's the type of potential issue that we want to avoid

OK, understood. Packaging the SD card with camera to avoid this problem, what about a package without the GPS? Has there ever been a demand for that?

Back