Best v3 settings

Hey yall took a while but we have been getting some bad weather. I got it mounted and all wired up. I made a couple daytime and evening videos. Just got to figure out how to share a couple clips on here and then you can tell me what you think of the picture quality and if i should try changing something.

The only way to get a proper opinion is to provide a link to the full MP4 file so we can download and play it neat.

I use Dropbox

The only way to get a proper opinion is to provide a link to the full MP4 file so we can download and play it neat.

I use Dropbox
Great thanks for that. I've just been searching for best upload option. This will work uploading now

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Here is a quick day shot and eve.

firmware 2.4
high bit rate
2560x1080p
ts format
hdr was off as the settings only allow on or off on the cam.
Any other setting was default but i can make changes and go for another drive this weekend in this vehicle.

I could upgrade the firmware if needed but thought i would give the one that came on the camera a try first. Also can i upgrade or downgrade firmware without issues?

Also can i upgrade or downgrade firmware without issues?
Yes, just be sure to manually default the cameras settings, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds after each firmware change.

That's interesting, I've never done that because each firmware change has defaulted the settings anyway.

anyone take a look at the 2 videos posted above? what you think? what should i change?
btw it was 30fps

I'm away till monday so I only have tablet access

Last edited:
Spot on with lens angle (y)

Wouldn't the camera see the hood directly, focus it on the hood?

Hello all,
I'm asking for help with the A119v3 settings. I noticed that the picture is blurred on the sides. How to avoid it?
2560*1080, high bitrate, V2.6T_(20211203)_HDR_Auto, HDR off, EV -1/3, CPL on.

Attachments

• Снимок.JPG
    Снимок.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 66
Hello all,
I'm asking for help with the A119v3 settings. I noticed that the picture is blurred on the sides. How to avoid it?
2560*1080, high bitrate, V2.6T_(20211203)_HDR_Auto, HDR off, EV -1/3, CPL on.
Post an image taken when the car is not in motion.

ok

Attachments

• Снимок.JPG
    Снимок.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Снимок1.JPG
    Снимок1.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 64
Those cars are moving, so some motion blur is to be expected. In your second pic, notice that to car to the left of the black car has a partial plate visible and it's easily readable.

I know I'll get criticised, but, try firmware 1.03 for a short while.

2560x1440
EV 0
High bitrate
WDR off

I know I'll get criticised, but, try firmware 1.03 for a short while.

2560x1440
EV 0
High bitrate
WDR off
@Kremmen

Looking for settings I see you're a fan of v1.03. I don't see others building that version up. (not saying anything bad about you there btw, just explaining why I'm asking YOU this)...

I saw your screenshots & it's pretty clear that v.1.03 was clearer on that sign. Not sure why, suppose it doesn't matter because it is what it is. I'll assume you got similar/same results in low light/night driving?

Which brings me to the point of my post here - switching to 1.03 from the latest version 2.5 (I see 2.6 mentioned but only see 2.5 on the site so I'll call 2.5 latest), do you notice any area where v.1.03 is worse than 2.5? Or do you experience no negatives whatsoever compared to 2.5?

My thinking being - if it's that much clearer on road signs, ok road signs are bigger than number plates but they're still static objects while you're moving so you must surely get the same differences on number plate detection (in that v.1.03 gives better results).

You will notice their are different opinions here about the various firmware versions, so you will need to test each one to see what suits you.

Version 2.6 is a members 2.5 modification firmware and includes a HDR timed switch. Those that use it seem to drive many night hours which is where reading oncoming number plates is more difficult. For me, 2.6 made little difference as my 2021 car standard LED headlights have a different beam pattern to halogen or similar and completely wash out UK plates.

I rarely drive at night so I've been concentrating on the best daytime experience.

As you've noticed, my priority is the ability to produce the best freeze frame and 1.03 does it for me.

Stock firmware v 2.0 and above, for me, produces slightly blurry images that I blame the switch from WDR to HDR, even though on both I have WDR/HDR turned off, but that's another story.

There is also a mod 2.5 firmware available, from vvs I recall, that increased the colours and was very good in daytime video.

Version 2.6 is a members 2.5 modification firmware and includes a HDR timed switch.
Version 2.6 is not a modification of firmware 2.5.
This is a test firmware from Viofo: FWA119V3_V2.6T_HDR_Auto.
Do not mislead people.

Back