Best way to hardwire

llmercll

Reaction score
Country
United States
What's the simplest way to hardwire an A119? I'm not very tech savvy but don't like the way I need to plug and unplug the camera all the time.
Can I just plug it into the fuse box?

You could hardwire a 12V socket that could sit in the glovebox. Wouldn't recommend plugging and unplugging the camera from the fusebox "all the time".

What I meant was unplugging the usb from my always on cigarette lighter, so the car battery is drained unnecessarily overnight.

I just purchased this but it seems a little advanced for me. I don't know how to solder or connect wires together.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01N0GR4ON

if you need a cig lighter solution you could buy the Rhundo cig adapter, that will turn off when the car stops even though the cig lighter is constantly powered

if you need a cig lighter solution you could buy the Rhundo cig adapter, that will turn off when the car stops even though the cig lighter is constantly powered
When you say it turns off when the car shuts off even though the car port is always powered, you mean you have to do it manually right? Doesn't seem to be any kind of sensor or anything, telling the device to turn of the ports. Other that the low voltage sensor, which at 11.5V is pretty low.

When you say it turns off when the car shuts off even though the car port is always powered, you mean you have to do it manually right? Doesn't seem to be any kind of sensor or anything, telling the device to turn of the ports. Other that the low voltage sensor, which at 11.5V is pretty low.

no, it doesn't need to be turned off manually, you can set voltages manually and it will detect when the car is not running and start a countdown timer to shutoff, @niko just sent me one this week and I've been testing it, very impressive functionality and very well made

OK, gotcha. So once it senses just battery voltage, instead of charging voltage, a user set timer will shut it all off after the set time. Interesting.

OK, gotcha. So once it senses just battery voltage, instead of charging voltage, a user set timer will shut it all off after the set time. Interesting.

yeah it's quite clever the way it works, and it seems to work very reliably also, I've only had one for a couple of days but @niko has been testing for about six months already with good results

The PDF User Manual is available to download from HERE.
Some functions and specs descriptions of the RHUNDO RS-20S / RS-20ST are below

RH RS-20ST.jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (3).jpg

have to say, this is the smartest of these types of devices I've seen so far, full credit to the developer for a job well done

Where can I buy this in NY?
RHUNDO is available from eBay for about $26.
Some vehicles, cigarette lighter outlet is powered all the time. Sounds like what you have.
You can get a cigarette lighter adapter with a switch or get a USB on/off dongle for about $1.
s-l1600.jpg

All RHUNDO products will be available on both Amazon.com and Amazon.ca soon. (Freight is on the way as we speak) Listings will go live as soon as stock arrives and is processed by Amazon fulfillment

OCD Tronic will be the new exclusive distributor for RHUNDO products in North America. @niko will handle EU/EEA sales via Amazon UK

All RHUNDO products will be available on both Amazon.com and Amazon.ca soon. (Freight is on the way as we speak) Listings will go live as soon as stock arrives and is processed by Amazon fulfillment

OCD Tronic will be the new exclusive distributor for RHUNDO products in North America. @niko will handle EU/EEA sales via Amazon UK
Too late. Placed order yesterday from supplier in China. eBay had 15% discount, so final price was $22.10 w/free shipping & no sales tax.
It appears to be model RS-20 with no temperature sensor which I have no need for.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382115768076

Too late. Placed order yesterday from supplier in China. eBay had 15% discount, so final price was $22.10 w/free shipping & no sales tax.
It appears to be model RS-20 with no temperature sensor which I have no need for.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382115768076

Although the pics show brand name, it's a little confusing as to why the seller lists it as unbranded and doesn't mention the brand in the title

Although the pics show brand name, it's a little confusing as to why the seller lists it as unbranded and doesn't mention the brand in the title
Much of the time, pics are copied from some other seller.
For most of these sellers, English is not their first language.
If item is not as seller described, eBay will refund at seller's expense.

The variant on eBay seems to be missing the low voltage cut-off, timer and delay timer functions.

The one on eBay is older RS-20 model. The latest are RS-20S (RS-20ST).

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

@niko

Does the RS-20 have low voltage cut-off, timer and delay timer?

Back