[RELEASED!] NovaTrakt - GPS Video Player [Windows]

RobTrehy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119
NovaTrakt is a GPS Video Player for Windows (7 onwards) PCs

NovaTrakt was initially released as a way of extracting the GPS data into a GPX file to make the GPS Video Files compatible with an older GPS Video Player. Today NovaTrakt has become a new GPS Video Player itself!

NovaTrakt is designed as an alternative to older or more clumsy GPS Video Players.
NovaTrakt is designed and tested to work specifically with GPS Videos created by a VIOFO A119. Although similar devices powered by a Novatek NT96660 processor, for example, the VIOFO A119S, will also work.

NovaTrakt provides all of your GPS Video information in one simple window, with an easy to use interface.
With your journeys automatically presented to you as one trip.

I haven't been able to test the software with every version of the cameras firmware and I only have an A119. It has been reported that the A119S, with firmware version 1.0.1 or newer is compatible.
Other cameras that store their GPS data embedded into the video files in the same way, may also work. If you find an extra camera that is not yet in the compatible cameras list below, please let me know!

Compatible Cameras
  • VIOFO A119 (F/W 2.01 is not compatible)
  • VIOFO A119S (F/W 1.0.1 onwards)
  • StreetGuardian SG9663DC *
  • Plus more ? - Let me know!
* NovaTrakt does not yet properly support Dual Channel cameras

System Requirements
  • Windows 7 or better
  • .NET Framework 4.5.2 or better
Screenshots
Coming soon!

And first public release! :)

I have this thread watched with email notifications, but if you have a GitHub account, please log issues on there as I'll be able to track them more easily.
Liekwise, if you wish to make pull request, please do :)

Feedback, as always, is much appreciated!

Last edited:
works with the SG9663DC (sort of), files do play fine but just some sorting issues with the front and rear files which I expect could be worked out, very nice start though, I like that it identifies the suburb for start and end point in the journeys

Thanks for the feedback. How are your video files identified as front/rear? Is it A/B on the file name?

Thanks for the feedback. How are your video files identified as front/rear? Is it A/B on the file name?
Not @jokiin but I'll answer as he's probably in bed (sleeping?). You are correct - front and rear are differentiated by A/B in the file name. See the attached screen shot. 'A' clips are the front camera, 'B' the rear - sequential portion of the file name is also incremented by 1 for the rear clip.

DC-Filenames.jpg

Thanks for the answer!

Numbers continue to increment with the A/B... Good to know! I'll look into playback options.

Wow. This is a big positive surprise.
Software works perfectly. With some tweaks I feel it can become the standard choice for Dashcam users!
Remark: When I select a different play speed, the speed increases or decreases correctly but only the "1x" button keep highlighted in red, so it's not immediate to understand which speed is playing at the moment :)

So NeilinAsia, I tried this software and wasn't able to get it to work.
Were you able to 'tweak' it to work? And if so, what are the steps?

I tried it and it works with the iTracker A119S. Former I had to extract the GPS with Novatrakt 2.4 and then play with RegistratorViewer 6.0. Now one for all. Thank you very much.

@ScottyO
1. Installing (Win10), 2. select the directory with my mp4-data from cam -->software reads the files, 3. select the first file, 4. Play-Button, thats it

I tried it and it works with the iTracker A119S. Former I had to extract the GPS with Novatrakt 2.4 and then play with RegistratorViewer 6.0. Now one for all. Thank you very much.

@ScottyO
1. Installing (Win10), 2. select the directory with my mp4-data from cam -->software reads the files, 3. select the first file, 4. Play-Button, thats it

Thnx, I will try your steps and play with this after work tonite.

@ScottyO
I have Win 10 and Win 7 x64 - In both cases I just installed the software, select the folder where my A119 saved the videos and it worked like a charm :)

Thnx, I will try your steps and play with this after work tonite.

If you can't get it to work, let me know what issues you're actually having ("Wasn't able to get it to work", doesn't help much) and I'll try and help out.

OK, for fun I might mess with this further but for now "Dashcam Viewer" is working great without as much effort. :cool:

Simply install it and "Open" a movie... either the "Rear" or "Front" camera plays just fine.
Sure it's got a sequential playback limit of 5 files but I just want to watch the ones where 'near-misses' or an 'actual incident' occurs.
Now vacations are a horse of a different color. ;)

I'm fumbling with it now. I did have to update my beater laptop to .Net 4.6.2

nt1.JPG

I just tried it with an old Ausdom A261. No luck.
I'm finding it a bit clumsy to use. (But usually don't use cam/GPS software)

nttx3.JPG

I have not yet tried these new players, but i will give them a try when new cameras reach me, what i have still work with "RV"

Generally i also dont use dedicated dashcam players, but i always found the ability to use registrator viewer to strip file overlap good, but if its just a few files i can do that just fine in post production software.
Also used the repair broken file in "RV" a few times

I just tried it with an old Ausdom A261. No luck.
I'm finding it a bit clumsy to use. (But usually don't use cam/GPS software)

It won't work if the GPS isn't encoded directly into the MP4. Not sure what the A261 does, this may be why it can't read it.
Could you please explain "Clumsy to use". I'd like to make it easier :)

I've got a new version, it won't work with dual cams yet - I need to work out the best way to display the two feeds. However, it should have a huge speed increase when first opening the files/reading the GPS data!
If not tomorrow, Monday... So keep your eyes =========> Now available for download!

Last edited:
I've got a new version, it won't work with dual cams yet - I need to work out the best way to display the two feeds. However, it should have a huge speed increase when first opening the files/reading the GPS data!
If not tomorrow, Monday... So keep your eyes =========> HERE!

sounds good

New beta version - 3.0.6.18043 is now available for download from the link above.
It will install straight over the previous version.

Changes:
Removed colour block from speed ratio button (for now, until I can get it to update properly)
Speed improvements when first reading/opening the files - A 32GB memory card used to take about 30 seconds, reading directly from my camera. It now takes 1.5 seconds.

Changes:
Removed colour block from speed ratio button (for now, until I can get it to update properly)
Speed improvements when first reading/opening the files - A 32GB memory card used to take about 30 seconds, reading directly from my camera. It now takes 1.5 seconds.

just some feedback, no change in the speed at which it loads up files from the SG9663DC, it doesn't sort the front and rear files correctly and miscalculates the distance covered so perhaps that may be related to why it's still slow to load, I know this model is not really supported though

would also be good to have an option to select files not just a folder

also note that the playback is not very smooth compared to other players, codec related maybe, any thoughts?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RobTrehy Dash Cam Software / Development 14
Back