• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

actualvane

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi,

I've got this F800 PRO. Getting over the particular problems of my camera (was defective-had to replace it) now we finally made friends.
However, there are few things still severely affecting our friendship:
  1. File length. I mainly use the cam for traffic incidents mitigation but, occasionally, I'd like to vlog a bit. For instance when driving on a long bridge for the first time. I can't admire the view in the live manner because ...
  2. Reflections;
  3. Getting the files. I don't like I have to wait for hours to transfer them over WiFi, I like even less to flutter the uSD between the camera and the USB adapter. That's the road to mechanical failure.
  4. No display. I came to hate the mobile, everything now has a corresponding mobile app: TV remote, camera display, TPSM ?!??! Just want a small display to quickly review whatever I need to review.
What else shall I consider? The rank of importance is the order I listed them. So a camera that allows you to choose 5-10 minutes file length is worth the most.

Thank you!

What was wrong with your F800 Pro?

All dash cams record in a few minute intervals - better this way so that if a file does get corrupt, less likely important footage will be lost since only a couple of minutes will be lost.

Adding a CPL filter will reduce reflection.

The Wifi feature for all dash cams is really just meant to change settings, live view or download a video or two - not meant to download mass video files. All dash cams will be slow in this regard.

Display - user preference. Most of our customers prefer non-LCD screen as it's more discreet in the vehicle.

The DR750S-2CH you mentioned will be about the same as the F800 Pro, so if you really don't like your current unit, you'll probably not like the DR750S either.

The camera was simply defective. Too many issues to list. It was replaced.
5 minutes, even couple of minutes sound great. F800 works with 1 minute or 20 seconds!
Almost forgotten. Manual record goes only 10 seconds back and 50 after? Poor Mivue stores the current, the previous and the next file. Depending on your settings: 3-30 minutes. Enought to capture a police brutality scene or some breath taking landscape views.
If WiFi sucks then USB (already there) should work like a breeze. If not used only for rear camera connection.
The display is nice to have, not a dealbreaker.
Please reccomend a CPL filter and another dashcam. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi, who works with this one?
Street Guardian SG9663DC PRO

1. A full manual, pdf or whatever. E.g I found the default loop length is 3 min, which is fantastic, I have a 1 minute F800 pro, but what are the other options? 5, 10, 20?
2. Who is your approved/official dealer in Romania?

http://streetguardian.ro or somebody else? Or nobody and I shall order directly from you?

Thank you.

I saw that manual. It reads:

Loop Recording – 3 MINS – The length of each recording segment.

Nothing more on this. Maybe there are other settings not 100% explained also.

I guess it needs an update.

However, an incomplete manual is not a big deal, just want to make sure getting rid of TW and going to SG is a smart move. See the OP.

Thanks again.

the settings highlighted in blue in the manual are what the default settings for each option are

the settings highlighted in blue in the manual are what the default settings for each option are
OK, what are the other values, non-default? [emoji3]

Is there a topic dedicated to Street Guardian SG9663DC PRO? If yes, let me read it and continue the discussion out there...

Back