BH-300 User Manual

kevster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've just bought a BH-300 and it came with no instructions, should it?

Thanks.

I've just bought a BH-300 and it came with no instructions, should it?
You would reasonably expect printed instructions, however, there appears to be no downloadable manual available for this model at the BlackSys website...

http://www.blacksys.co.kr/eng/support/download.php?field=title&search_word=Manual&x=0&y=0

I see that it's £169 on Amazon UK. I'm interested to know why you chose this relatively unknown model in preference to tried & tested & respected dashcams available at a similar price?

Edit. There's something wrong with the Amazon pricing, as it's available for as little as £35 on eBay. It's a cheap as chips 720p dashcam :)

Last edited:
russ331

Please don't assume I'm a dash cam novice.

I have several. A mini 0805, JooVuu X and a Mobius.

Agree, I was suprised not to see anything included or downloadable for this Blacksys.

I wouldn't say Blacksys are unknown, but maybe this model.

Online prices vary £140/170 new.

I paid £35 for one from Ebay. As new with no warranty. But doesn't say no instructions.

There is a PC viewer which may help. Unless all settings are default because there is no direct PC connection to a PC.

I wanted to find a small and descrete camera to mount in the near that doesn't interfere with the radio (antenna in rear heater)

Thought I'd give this one ago...

Any other suggestions for small descrete camera such as the formentioned for the rear of a car?

Note I have a tinted rear window so it will be darker picture than if it was up front.

Kevster.

Please don't assume I'm a dash cam novice. I have several. A mini 0805, JooVuu X and a Mobius.

I didn't intend to suggest you're a novice. Just curious when people go off-piste with dashcam choice, i.e. BlackSys is a respected brand, but the BH-300 doesn't get discussed here.

I suspect you'll be disappointed by it's 720p video quality, when compared with the quality you get from your existing cams. But if you're impressed please let us know.

I'll let you know, for the price it's worth a go.

I have since noticed new Mobius, version 2 and a mini.

Any recommendations?

I'll let you know, for the price it's worth a go.

I have since noticed new Mobius, version 2 and a mini.

Any recommendations?
The Mobius Mini is not suitable for dashcam purposes, so it's best avoided. The M2 should outperform the classic Mobius, but people who own both say it doesn't ... yet. I believe that a major firmware upgrade is imminent for the M2, which may make currently underwhelmed owners happier. As of today the original Mobius remains the best choice, for the time being.

Thanks for the info. There's a lot to be said for the Mobius. It works and always has, just wish they still made the shielded case for it and I could probably use it for a rear cam.

Just read the review of the Mobius (original) on here. I have pre version V3 in which it says the lens became improved C2 and better case for shielding.

Just read the review of the Mobius (original) on here. I have pre version V3 in which it says the lens became improved C2 and better case for shielding.

Correct myself I do have V3 it would appear, with the light pipe for LEDs. But I have a C not C2 lens....
Questioned it because I have no shielding in the case I know of.

I digress...should ask in the Mobuis forum.

Yes that's the optional shielded case.

I'm questioning this from the review I linked to

Confused what I have, I don't have the shield led case but do I have the inproved one...

The camera has been updated numerous times since its original release. As of 2015 (Mobius V3) the updated features include:

• New case with improved shielding
  • Widening of the top LED observation hole filled with a clear plastic “light pipe” that extends over the four LED’s inside
  • Over-voltage protection which will disconnect external power if voltage is between 5.6V and 28V
  • Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Lens Module instead of the original metal lens module
  • Optional 820 mAH battery available instead of the 520 mAH battery
  • Optional capacitor instead of the battery

BlackSys is a respected brand, but the BH-300 doesn't get discussed here.

I suspect you'll be disappointed by it's 720p video quality, when compared with the quality you get from your existing cams. But if you're impressed please let us know.

First try with it and it is ok (for £35)

I have found out that the Bh-300 is a rebadged THINKWARE F50. I have found a viewer on the SD card that it wrote to it once turned on, but can't seem to alter any settings for it. Only transfer files. So the name viewer is named wrong!

Slightly annoying because you just can't view/play files you have to transfer them to PC first. You can't view the recorded files on the card at all, and it doesnt work on android either like my other cameras SD's cards do.

The Thinkware software also works for viewing but not for settings, but again you can only play what is already transfeed to the PC.

So i just need to work out how to alter any settings. The seller says he will send software for settings in a few days,

I have found out that the Bh-300 is a rebadged THINKWARE F50.
The Thinkware F50 is 1080p, whereas BlackSys BH-300 is 720p. Rival brands. The cam casings look different, with differing specifications. Surely not a rebranding job.

Last edited:
The Thinkware F50 is 1080p, whereas BlackSys BH-300 is 720p. Rival brands. The cam casings look different, with differing specifications. Surely not a rebranding job.

more chance of it being based on the Thinkware H50 platform which is 720p

The seller thought this not me. It's not 100% different from my untrained eye. You experts know the inner detail of course.
The mount appears the same!

Positions of the sockets for power etc, button locations even what comes with it in the box. maybe just ironic similarity.

Back