Bicyclist vs Car and rotary

GregStack

Reaction score
Country
United States
https://www.boston25news.com/news/p...ng-through-cyclist-in-jamaica-plain/808126727
crappy dash cam or no plate on the car?
Funny how the comments on facebook of this video all blame the bicyclist for pedaling into the side of the car....think they are trolling
Christina McKee Yes, the car should have stopped, BUT the biker was at fault too!!
Donna Guidetti-Alves Looks to me like the bike hit the car, not the other way around.
Frank Sullivan the driver may not know they were hit.
Graham Morrison I hate cyclists but this is 100% the drivers fault...she was on the outside of the rotary with right of way and the car cut around the bike from the middle of the rotary.
Jann Rhodes Ummm, she hit the car! Yes, the driver should have stopped but...
Joe Nicastro Wow. Bicyclist drove right into that rear quarter panel.
Michael Arguin Bikers fault case closed
Mona Riberdy Car did not "plow through " the person on the bike! The biker hit the back of the car... big difference! I see both at fault here... but the car driver did not plow into the cyclist...
Paula Mcmahon The bike drove right into this car ....yes driver should have stopped and the video would have told the true story !!
Russell Walsh Totally the bikers fault.. boo hoo...

Last edited:
Even if a cyclist drive like that here, which would be totally out of order bicycling, then the car would still be blamed 100 %
But normally we have a bicycle path at the outside of the circle, but cars upon entering and exiting the circle must stop for the cyclists, at some larger traffic circles cyclists are even funneled below so the cars can just focus on each other, and not have that extra "layer" of things to deal with.

Cyclists here know they are a protected breed and no matter how silly they behave the car driver will always be at fault, and they abuse this fact.
This are actually one of the major reasons i got into dashcams, cuz i just hate to pay for other peoples stupid, i do that plenty enough in general as a Dane.

I agree the bicyclist appears to be at fault (which is often the case, since most of them don't know or care to follow laws concerning bicycles). However, I'm not at all familiar with this weird roundabout/rotary setup with some sort of large single lane turning into two distinct lanes..? Regardless, it doesn't excuse the driver leaving the scene.

I kept backing up and running the picture over and over, the biker definitely ran into the rear of the red car, however when he left the scene of the accident, right or wrong, his tush will get burned if they catch him, at least that is how it is in the USA.

Back