[Big News]Original Xiaomi Yi 1080P Car WiFi DVR is coming!!!!

GearBest

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Update on 25 Nov

Hi DCT Friends,

Nice day for you. Latest and hottest action camera is arrival!!!!! Pls put your hands up!!

This article is from Lucy's cooperator——el Producente:

NEW! The Xiaomi Yi Dashboard Camera:

It doesn’t look like a new action camera or a successor of the Xiaomi Yi action camera, but a new product line: a dashcam!

new-xiaomi-yi-1.jpg

The new Xiaomi Yi camera features f1.8 aperture and a 165° viewing angle.

As far as I got the translation right, it will feature a 3MP sensor which will be very light sensitive to record while driving at nigh, in tunnels or in underground parking lots. The camera will record videos in 1080p with 60fps, maybe there is a 2K option.

It will also feature a 6-axis gravity sensor to recognize movement.

There will also be a 2,7″ live view display at the back:

new-xiaomi-yi-lcd.jpg

The screen has a 2,7″ diameter in 16:9 format and seems to be a touch display,

and the dashcam will feature wifi and be able to connect to the Xiaomi Yi app.

The battery will only have 240 mAh, but the main purpose, I guess, will be powering via the car as it is a dash cam. It furthermore seems to be built in.

There will be two versions of the cam in gray and gold priced 289 / 349 yuan (45 / 54 USD) in China! See retailers below.

END.

How do you think about this latest dashcam?

Are you interested in this dahscam?

Pls leave your comments under this thread.

They grey one looks interesting. I see it mentions YI A12 dual core Is this an Ambrella A12 or something else?
Also seen WDR: e-HDR Was curious about the e- as well

A12?
Coolio!
So when can I test it? :D

Definitely interested in the product and hoping to grab one if the price is right.

After years of slow stagnant market development, so many so good products coming out!... Or is it just me? o_O

$79.99? A bit over charging for the product (349 yuan retail ~$54 usd vs. $80)... More than usual (normally ~$5-$15 extra), based on other Xiaomi products available on gearbest. Guess you pay extra premium when the product is too new...

One thing I like about them from the beginning is that they weren't afraid of giving a chinese name to their product, unlike other manufacturers that tend to "westernalize" their product's names, thinking that way it would sell better outside of China.
It may be a little difficult to pronounce for some people but even so they managed to built a reputable name (no pun intended) for themselves in a short period of time.

There is some brand recognition, they made an android phone which was pretty popular back in the day, and they also made a very good Android build if I'm not mistaking.

I'd love to see some video samples @GearBest

There is some brand recognition, they made an android phone which was pretty popular back in the day, and they also made a very good Android build if I'm not mistaking.
I know they had Android products with the same name but when they released the action camera they could've gone the easy way like pretty much everybody else.

This looks quite promising. Will be interesting to see how good it is in reality.
The battery is a bit of a downside though.
Saw it on for $69.99
Anyone ever heard of this store?

One thing I like about them from the beginning is that they weren't afraid of giving a chinese name to their product, unlike other manufacturers that tend to "westernalize" their product's names, thinking that way it would sell better outside of China..

no need to try and westernise the name as they have no interest in selling outside of China, ask anyone that has tried getting their product through official channels, it's the local resellers that have made it happen with grey market exports

search their name for complaints, plenty on Australian forums at least
Yeah, did that shortly after making the post.
Definitely a risk given that this is a pre-order, meaning that by the time you're supposed to get it the 45 day Paypal grace period would have already expired.

Back