[Big News]Original Xiaomi Yi 1080P Car WiFi DVR is coming!!!!

Geekbuying is another popular seller for Xiaomi products based on other forum post I've seen. $69.99 seems a bit more reasonable.

There is some brand recognition, they made an android phone which was pretty popular back in the day, and they also made a very good Android build if I'm not mistaking.

I'd love to see some video samples @GearBest

I can't find the video samples right now.

If I find it, I will update.;)

Well, this camera sounds good to me, even if the price is more than they said originally. Just think that it has a good processor, very good sensor (it's like Sony put in their A7s, less pixels but amazing in low light) and you anyway just need 2 MP for fullHD, an insanely large screen on the back. The only downside is the battery, if they can address that, it will be a bestseller. I can hardly wait for it to come to market, the Yi is already proving itself as one of the best considering the absolute steal of a pricetag.

says raw files, (alright youtube), but duh... poor, really poor so far!
Hope for improvement, but not quite All DashCam killer surely...

Well dashcamfrienddudes, if this is supposed to be IT, then I'm OUT, and stay with my Mobius.....

hey
Guys sorry being late. I finally got Yi dashcam today and do unboxing/testing videos now. This raw files has been uploaded to youku (Chinese youtube) and compressed a lot. Now I will upload raw files to my channel today, stay tuned.
In case missing anything, I always update new info on my facebook page if u can like: https://www.facebook.com/samiluoreview/
12492053_1645713522362064_5404559234084843740_o.jpg

12489386_1645713375695412_1180192228123915481_o.jpg

12471512_1645713299028753_3803893285775429217_o.jpg

12469656_1645713489028734_6678033403026859669_o.jpg

943916_1645713545695395_5261335881304108817_n.jpg

About this camera I think the most interesting is just the Big News from the title.
Xiaomi will not sell anything forever just based on price and brand name, they need to have experience in some domains like dashcams for example.
People from DCT have great expectations from a branded dashcam.

But I think the only problem is that the camera is Xiaoyi, not Xiaomi, but sellers are using the Xiaomi name for sales purposes.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
About this camera I think the most interesting is just the Big News from the title.
Xiaomi will not sell anything forever just based on price and brand name, they need to have experience in some domains like dashcams for example.
People from DCT have great expectations from a branded dashcam.

enjoy,
Mtz
sure, xiaomi does that all the time. Xiaomi itself didnt participate in making like bands, action cameras or drones, it invested those companies, while those companies are the best among the industry, or at least one of

Hey guys anyone here who speaks French? Xiaoyi company need some help with French translation. Not many but just hundred words. If know please send to sami.luo@xiaoyi.com, the content is about the new Yi action camera and Yi smart home camera, thanks

I wonder how the reliability will be like. I don't have any doubts about the video performance.
How is Xiaomi to deal with for warranty/after sales support? Has anyone had experiences with their smartphones?

I wonder how the reliability will be like. I don't have any doubts about the video performance.
How is Xiaomi to deal with for warranty/after sales support? Has anyone had experiences with their smartphones?
Xiaomi after sales support is great, have more than 500 people in CS dept

After sale support might be nonexistent outside of China though.. or anywhere where there is no official Xiaomi store.

After sale support might be nonexistent outside of China though.. or anywhere where there is no official Xiaomi store.

most of the product that is available outside of China is grey market, bought locally and resold, English customer service for this kind of stuff will be non existent from Xiaomi themselves

My 2x mini 806 still working after a year, but decided to see what's good in the market. This came into picture, but I am dissappointed with night time samples posted above. I hope it's just a user error.

Back