Biker gets away

WeedeaterDM

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Starting a collection
Bikers know they can get away with this. No violent crimes are committed so chasing is not permitted.

I suppose he could have radio’d ahead to get a block set up, but he probably thought that would be too much trouble.

It will be if he have Danish conditions to work with, cuz the cop up ahead, well he is at a table making creative pie charts and power point presentations to tell how wonderful little old Denmark are

I suppose he could have radio’d ahead to get a block set up, but he probably thought that would be too much trouble.
In the UK it's far more likely they would radio for a cop to be sitting on their drive when they arrive home.

I often wonder if the mentality of the cops in that state would be much similar to mine in that situation... "unless he hits another biker, or a pedestrian, its most likely that in an incident the only fatality would be himself... so just let him learn the hard way"??

I often wonder if the mentality of the cops in that state would be much similar to mine in that situation... "unless he hits another biker, or a pedestrian, its most likely that in an incident the only fatality would be himself... so just let him learn the hard way"??
If it is a fatality then no problem, but if it means keeping them on life support in hospital for the next ten years, paid for by the tax payer then it makes more sense to track them down...

If it is a fatality then no problem, but if it means keeping them on life support in hospital for the next ten years, paid for by the tax payer then it makes more sense to track them down...

...and shoot them on site :D

I wonder if the guy was stupid enough to have a toll transponder on the bike?

Can't tell if that was a paper tag on the bike or ???

It's a tough choice to make, as any pursuit is dangerous to the general public which runs contrary to the LE concept of protecting the public. With such a disparity of speed and the obvious lack of concern about being seen on the biker's part I think the lack of a chase is appropriate here, but it should be called in and handled later if possible.

Back when I rode I didn't always wear a helmet (legal here) because I didn't want to be a 'vegetable' if I crashed; death is preferable to me in comparison. But at those speeds if that rider has a hard collision it's likely the body trauma will kill him anyway.

Phil

bikers can literally disintegrate on impact, proper attire for biking can at bets keep the parts together, or in minor spills save you from road rash or a broken bone or 2.
But crashing at high speed it don't matter all that much.
Factoring it all in it is why i today call bikers brave and death defying just based on the behavior of the people driving cars, and thats the good bikers, the bad ones i have even more words for, but lets not go there.

Back