Biker Pro File Date problems

Chuck Holloway

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, Biker Pro
Didn't see this as a problem in the forum discussion so maybe it's new. I've had the Biker Pro mounted to my Goldwing for tow years now and I'm curious if anyone else is not getting the correct date and time on the video files. I wrote to BikerPro NA many times about it but they refuse to return my emails. Sad really, but there it is. The camera will not record a readable file unless it is more than a minute long and the file date is always January 1, 2013. I download and installed the latest firmware a half dozen times, reformatted the micro disk as many times as well but it always creates unreadable files (anything less than 1 minute) and out of date files. The time limit is 3 minutes. Purchased through Pier28 via Amazon. Any suggestions, comments, fixes? Don't ask me to contact them by email - they have not responded to any I have sent.

It would seem like the little RTC battery are faulty by now, this way the camera will always boot with the default time/date, making the file structure on the memory card a big mess.

The problem with the file needing to be 1 minute at least to be readable could mean the capacitors could be having problems too, so they need a "long" time to charge to be able to properly finalize the last file recorded when you shut down the "GW"

Maybe the seller @Pier28 can help, they seem to have offered up some good advise over time in regard to these cameras.

Hello, this is Jon (formerly with Pier28) I left the company as an employee last year and formed my own new company.

More details here.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-north-america-kicking-off-with-viofo.25881/

It sounds like the tiny RTC (real time clock) button battery has failed in your unit. It's not something that can be replaced unfortunately.

Sorry you're not getting a response from Pier28. I don't currently sell BulletHD products, but I can hook you up with a heavily discounted future new similar form factor INNOVV product that is coming soon. (details coming very soon)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...cameras-suitable-for-bikes.28776/#post-333437
(specs and reliability will be FAR superior)

When did you buy your product? It has a 1 year warranty and I'll take this into consideration with the amount of discount discount even though I'm no longer connected with the original seller.

Damn u i already forgot Rock thinking was brewing on something new, now i will have that rummaging around in the back of my head again.

It would seem like the little RTC battery are faulty by now, this way the camera will always boot with the default time/date, making the file structure on the memory card a big mess.

The problem with the file needing to be 1 minute at least to be readable could mean the capacitors could be having problems too, so they need a "long" time to charge to be able to properly finalize the last file recorded when you shut down the "GW"

Maybe the seller @Pier28 can help, they seem to have offered up some good advise over time in regard to these cameras.

Bummer. I'll keep riding with it until something better comes along. Looks like I'll have to retract my recommendation on the Goldwing Forums. The product and the supprt network are not up to par and I'd rather eat crow than have anyone else throw good money away.

Hello, this is Jon (formerly with Pier28) I left the company as an employee last year and formed my own new company.

More details here.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-north-america-kicking-off-with-viofo.25881/

It sounds like the tiny RTC (real time clock) button battery has failed in your unit. It's not something that can be replaced unfortunately.

Sorry you're not getting a response from Pier28. I don't currently sell BulletHD products, but I can hook you up with a heavily discounted future new similar form factor INNOVV product that is coming soon. (details coming very soon)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...cameras-suitable-for-bikes.28776/#post-333437
(specs and reliability will be FAR superior)

When did you buy your product? It has a 1 year warranty and I'll take this into consideration with the amount of discount discount even though I'm no longer connected with the original seller.

Hi Jon. Your card came with my Street Guardian product and I was going to call you for a lead on how to manage the problem, but being Saturday I didn't think you would answer. We all need weekends :) I clicked your link and it took me to a place that said the product was not available yet, ergo no additional info could be gained. I'll keep running the BP cam on my GW for the time being but now I'm shopping for a more reliable system. Might take a while as so very few reliable and functional fire and forget products for MC riders are out there. I am soooooo happy I didn't put out the extra cash for the rear view add-on since the BP Cam is unreliable. As for when I bought it I believe it was in 2015 so warranty isn't going to help.

I'll send you a personal message as soon as the new INNOVV product is ready. It's maybe a month away I think but don't quote me on that. I'll be selling it for sure. Rock (the owner) and I went out to dinner last month in Shenzhen.

Last edited:
Back