Biker-Pro weird problems

BTW, did you get the new shorter cables in yet? I need as short as possible, as everything is only a few inches away from all other items. The extra long cable lengths make reassembly on bike a bit difficult.

-Don- Reno, NV

I have some 100cm V2 video cables coming in with the new batch of cameras early next week. I don't think there is anything shorter for V2 yet and wouldn't use the V1 cables any more from the original factory. Is 100cm (half the length of standard 200cm one) still good?

I have some 100cm V2 video cables coming in with the new batch of cameras early next week. I don't think there is anything shorter for V2 yet and wouldn't use the V1 cables any more from the original factory. Is 100cm (half the length of standard 200cm one) still good?
If that's all there will be for a while, yes, half length will help.

So how do I pay for such?

-Don- Reno, NV

Rules say sellers can't post links. Visit our Pier28 site and in the search bar in the upper right, search for:
100cm

I'll send a private message as well

BTW, did you get the new shorter cables in yet? I need as short as possible, as everything is only a few inches away from all other items. The extra long cable lengths make reassembly on bike a bit difficult.

-Don- Reno, NV

Good news V2 15cm and 30cm cables are coming soon. I'll let you know when they arrive.

Notice:Firmware Update for BIKER PRO
New Firmware (BP2016030901) for BIKER PRO is available now!

Download Link: https://files.secureserver.net/0stcgF8AgZEWna

What's new for this version?
- Bugs fixed (resolved system crash issues)

Boy, what happened to the BP2016012501? Perhaps they found the same bugs I did!!! That was just way too fast for a new update! They must have found a serious issue too!

Anyway, I will test the new FW tonight and see what happens. I still have the setup here in the house as I have not reinstalled it on the bike yet.

If that newest FW fixes mine, I won't need that new setup after all!

Those 30cm / 11.8" cables sound good!

-Don- Reno, NV

Jan 25 update to March 9, not that fast but still pretty good considering Chinese New Year was in the middle of that period

Less than 2 months to a new update tells me they found serious bugs in the Jan FW.

Anyway, I have been running mine for an hour and 20 minutes. I am about ready for the big test to disconnect and see what happens and then check the files.

I will do the 13.8V disconnect right now and see what happens, so you can know with this post.

For the first time ever, after being on this long, it works fine with the PRO FW!! It shut off normally. I have never had it on this long before without it failing with any of the other FWs!

Now, I will check the files. Make sure they are good.

Okay, 41 files. All play fine. I checked each one for a few seconds.

Wireless works fine too!

Now, for the VERY big test. I will let it run all night and check it in 8 hours or so.

But it sure looks all fixed so far!

I will continue checking and if I find no bugs by morning I will consider it all fixed and then reinstall it on the bike.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
It was crashed after the 8 hour test, even with the new FW. Both red lights were stuck on solid when power was disconnected. I had to manually shut it off. And last video file was corrupted. Just like before with the old problem, just took longer.

I realize 8 hours is well beyond what is possible to ride the motorcycle without stopping, but it looks like the same old bug, just takes longer to crash with the new FW.

However, it would pass the 8 hour test when the Mate FW was used in my Pro (I did that test a month ago).

I am going to test a few more times with two, three, four, five hours on and see what happens when I disconnected from my 13.8 volts. Five hours will be about as long as possible to ride without shutting the bike off. Bike has about a 300 mile range on a tank of fuel.

-Don- Reno, NV

I guess it doesn't matter now, as I am getting another unit soon. But the new Pro FW crashes differently than the old PRO FW.

The new FW doesn't seem to crash when I disconnect the 13.8 VDC--but it will crash on its own in three hours or so, while recording and leave both red lights stuck on (stuck on even after being disconnected from 13.8 VDC).

IOW, it takes about three hours to crash with the new FW, instead of one hour with the old Pro FW, if untouched. If power is removed before three hours, the cycle restarts.

And it crashes now on it's own, not when I disconnect.

If others have this bug, they might not ever notice it. One would have to ride three hours before the problem even shows. If the ignition is turned off within those three hours, there will be no problem.

It will be more interesting if the new unit does the same--but I hope not!

There are a lot of advantages of testing these in the house and not on the bike as I can notice bugs that others might have and not ever even notice. I don't think many ride three hours without a single stop. But I have been known to do such many times.

But let's hope the new unit can be left on all night with the new Pro FW, proving it was just a very weird bug in my old unit.

-Don- Reno, NV

If it crash after three hours on the dot that do sound wierd, not least if it do that again and again.
Then it sound like something in the programming thats tied to a timer and then do somthing that make it crash.

Just guessing here ;)

Testing in the window sill is cool i do that often with dashcams i test, kinda make up for me not beeing able to drive much due to low funds.

If it crash after three hours on the dot that do sound wierd, not least if it do that again and again.
Then it sound like something in the programming thats tied to a timer and then do somthing that make it crash.
My times to failure are approximate. But the problems my unit has with any of the PRO FW are NOT intermittent. Fails every time in a few hours or so, but I cannot say what the exact time is as that would be very difficult to test for unless I stay here watching it for a few hours and I am not going to do that! With the older FW, it would be even more difficult to get the time to failure as I had to disconnect the unit from the 13.8 VDC supply each time. But with the latest FW, I can see it crash when both red lights stop flashing and stay on continuously.

But it has never failed with the Mate FW in my PRO. Even if left on overnight.

-Don- Reno, NV

I'm still leaning toward it being a hardware problem with your particular camera

I am too, at this point.

But if the new camera setup does the same (which I now also doubt), I hope somebody else here will do the exact same test I have been doing, so they can see the problem for themselves. In normal riding, perhaps most won't even notice this problem.

-Don- Reno, NV

I received the camera today! It failed in five minutes in the same way as my old one did in three hours and continued to fail every five minutes.

But I now need to apologize for the trouble I caused you all. And I should even be embarrassed!

It really was something in my environment!!

Now to explain . . .

When the new unit failed in five minutes twice in a row, I figured I had to have something wrong. So what I did, is took all the new stuff to my other home here in Cold Springs Valley (CSV). I was thinking interference. Perhaps from my own wireless, or because that Reno home is on the very top of a hilltop, outside interference.

This place here in CSV is down in a valley, 15 miles away, and the house has a room far from my wireless used here. So I set it all up there.

But it still failed! Your new cables. Your new SD card. Nothing from the old camera at all. Except the 13.8 VDC power supply I was using.

But I still didn't think it could be the unit. So then I decided to try a different power supply. Same voltage same current--different make. Older and even cheaper Radio Shack supply. I have that camera on that supply right now. It's been on for an hour, and still working perfectly. The five minute fails are gone!

It seems to be a rare coincidence that the ~2 mv high frequency noise ( within spec) just happens to be the frequency that can interfere with the oscillators in the module for the camera, especially when it even has to get through the supplied 5 VDC supply that comes with the camera. The 13.8 supply that I used which interfered with the cameras is this one.

The power supply has much higher frequency noise than in a motorcycle ignition system, so this is perhaps no issue on most motorcycles.

I won't be able to send the unit back until Thursday. I have a long all day ride planned with a group in the morning. First to Gabbs, than to Hawthone then to wherever.

But, can I pay for the new unit instead of sending it back? I have another bike I would like to mount another on. I can pay right away. Please let me know.

-Don- Cold Springs Valley, NV

Last edited:
That's good news, I'd be happy to offer the 2nd one to you, I'll send a private message now. (check inbox/upper right shortly)

Sorry for being late with this info., but the times of the crashes have changed to a bit longer when on pure battery, or installed on the bike, but I want to let you know the PRO bug is still there, only with the PRO FW, just takes longer to crash. The new setup you sent crashes even faster than the old, which led to more confusion at first because that changed when I ran it from pure battery instead of the power supply. I thought it was fixed, but it wasn't, as it then took a lot longer to crash, but still does crash.

IOW, the newest PRO FW still has the bug. Have you received any other reports of PRO units crashing after long rides?

I have been using my PRO with the MATE FW and it has NEVER crashed on either bike since.

So the crash problem at shut off is with BOTH units, but it seems to vary in time to crash from one unit to the next, but neither will ever crash with the MATE FW. I have been using the MATE FW in both bikes, which works perfectly. Since I rarely need the wireless, and have ways to work around it as needed, it's not a big deal to me. But I want to report the bug is still there.

If you can run a PRO for a couple of hours and disconnect the power, I bet you will see this bug on most units, if not all.

-Don- SSF, CA

Back