Bizarre WiFi Connection Issue. Incorrect Password

Caesium

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two Blackvue 750's one in each car.

One of them is in a BMW X5. The other is in a VW Golf.

The one in the X5 displays some very odd behaviour, it starts up and records fine, but if I try and connect to the cam using my iPhone via WiFi it states "Incorrect password" even though I have changed the password and SSID and know categorically what they are.

If I then take the cam from the X5 indoors and power it up from a PSU, the WiFi connects straight away with no prompt. I have tried several power sources in the car, none make any difference. It would appear that something in the car is causing it to not connect.

I'm literally stumped.

The one in the X5 displays some very odd behaviour, it starts up and records fine, but if I try and connect to the cam using my iPhone via WiFi it states "Incorrect password" even though I have changed the password and SSID and know categorically what they are.
Maybe a faulty car charger!

Managed to find the source of the issue.

My car has a Viper car alarm that has a microwave sensing module called a Directed 508D. When I unplugged this, the WiFi works fine.

It would appear that the module is powered up all the time which is obviously interfering with the WiFi. I would have assumed the module was only powered when the alarm was armed. I will need to change it so that it is.

Managed to find the source of the issue.

My car has a Viper car alarm that has a microwave sensing module called a Directed 508D. When I unplugged this, the WiFi works fine.

It would appear that the module is powered up all the time which is obviously interfering with the WiFi. I would have assumed the module was only powered when the alarm was armed. I will need to change it so that it is.
This explains why I have trouble connecting to wifi and being asked for the password multiple times before i can connect. I have a Viper alarm with a perimeter and pressure sensor connected to the alarm.
How do I get around this?

Back