Black Box G1W stuck on welcome screen

Alan Smithee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Up until now this camera has worked pretty well but two days ago it turned on only to stay on the welcome screen. None of the other keys are responsive. I pressed the reset button but that did nothing. Could the card have gone bad? Anyway, thanks if anyone can suggest something besides buying a new camera ;).

That's an excellent question and thank you for reminding me to check that. I will do so when I go home this evening and report back. Thanks again.

if it boots ok without the card then it could just be a card problem, if it still freezes it's a bigger problem

Drat. Didn't help. I guess I'm in the market for a new one.

while you're in the market why not consider the $80-150 range of (typically) higher quality products instead of cheapest but passable quality. ;)

Drat. Didn't help. I guess I'm in the market for a new one.

We all like a bargain, however, the G1W & its variants go too far in the race to the bottom.

But cheap doesn't have to mean nasty. Here's a newly posted testimonial off the RCGroups site in relation to the $69 Mobius...

Original Post
"My first post. I have now had my mobius for four weeks. It is used as a dash cam in a commercial vehicle. It has been used for around 72hrs per week, so around 288hrs total. This has been 12hrs constant use per shift. I have posted this because there were some concerns due to the heatsinks getting warm. My camera is still working. I use a sandisk 32gb class 4 memory card, again without problem. Hope this gives some peace of mind to potential purchasers.

I have previously used a 4kam with archos 405, veho muvi, iphone witness app.and three different chinese dashcams whose model names I can't recall. The mobius footage is far superior to any of those.

Finally. I have no links to mobius or anyone who does have links. I just wanted to put over some facts from an owner and user."

Update
"Just a quick update to say my camera is still going strong after about 18 months. Still being used in same way, mostly as a dashcam but also the odd track day or road ride on a motorcycle & sometimes as security cam where it has been running continuously for 4 days."

Last edited:
Back