Black Friday Deals

No way! Just last night my car wouldn’t start and now it’s in the shop for the weekend. They couldn’t figure out the issue :( Jump start didn’t work, using a friends battery didn’t work. Radio and lights work though. Last night it didn’t crank but after getting it towed it cranked today.

Gonna need a new battery on top of that too, haven’t changed it at all since I got the car in 2013. Sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six years is really pretty decent service life for a car battery. That's about the time to think about replacing it to prevent what happened to you, especially when the weather starts getting cold here in the northeast. My battery was of similar vintage and still cranking fine but a load test at the mechanic's told me it was time for a new one unless I wanted to wake up one cold morning up and not have my truck start.

Six years is really pretty decent service life for a car battery. That's about the time to think about replacing it to prevent what happened to you, especially when the weather starts getting cold here in the northeast. My battery was of similar vintage and still cranking fine but a load test at the mechanic's told me it was time for a new one unless I wanted to wake up one cold morning up and not have my truck start.

Just got a call saying my car is good to go. Somehow the fuses were “misplaced”??? I never touched them.. but I’m grabbing an OEM VW battery to replace while I’m there. Here’s to another 6 years! Lmao

Then I can hardwire my new A119!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the plunge on the amazing Amazon deal last week for the V3 - £99 - plus lightning deal £20 off - plus tick box for £20 coupon - sure enough it checked out at £59! Could not resist that!

I got around to installing the later V1.03 firmware yesterday and fitted the cam in the SLC (thought I would put my old V2 in my wife's car) and initially set WDR to ON.

Checked the results last night and initially I thought it was great, especially the night footage even on unlit country lanes, BUT then I realised that I could not read the majority of the oncoming number plates even in daylight footage?

Maybe the WDR function is losing some detail I thought, so today I have done some more testing with WDR set Off and there is a very marginal improvement but still probably seeing less detail in the plates than with my V2 - it seems to have more motion blurring?

So, I am a bit disappointed really, it might well have to go back. To be fair both days have been pretty dull and dreary so not the best lighting conditions so I will keep it long enough to try it further in better light but having said that you are more likely to have an accident (and need the dash-cam footage) in poor light/rainy conditions than on a bright sunny day!

Just to clarify, I did do a reset after updating the firmware, the lens focus looks pretty good and settings are:

1440p-30fps
WDR off
High bitrate

My initial impression is the V3 is an improvement over the V2 for night-time situations but lagging behind a bit in daylight? Unless I just have a Friday afternoon version of course?

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.
We are only 2 weeks from the darkest day of the year, and the UK weather hasn't been great for most people, no dashcam is going to do well!

You could post a short clip if you want an opinion, but I'm pretty sure you will find that it is actually well in front of the V2 once the sunlight returns. We get this effect every December/early January, by February things are good again.

Fair comment, thanks.

Seems strange that the V3 is superior at night but not in poor daylight.

Fair comment, thanks.

Seems strange that the V3 is superior at night but not in poor daylight.
Did you test them side by side, or are you comparing the V3 footage from today with the V2 footage from last time you viewed it around a month ago?

I also got it for £59.99, which is an utter bargain. Just installed it today so no footage at the mo to check but will review over the next week or so.

No, I did not do a side by side comparison but reviewed the footage from 4 consecutive days - 2 with V2 then 2 with V3.

Yes, when I saw the £20 off coupon as well I was sure they had made a mistake and it would not work at checkout - I bet they sold quite a few!

I did some testing a few weeks back using both 1440@30 and 1080@60

I found that overall, when watching the videos on my 144hz 1080 AOC PC monitor 1440 definately has the edge on clarity and produces a more pleasing effect.
However, even at 30mph, with a closing speed of ~60mph, number plates of oncoming vehicles are mostly unreadable under freeze frame.
1080@60 does help somewhat but the overall video just isn't as crisp in my opinion.

Parked vehicles and overtaking vehicles number plates are clear.

We definately had a record sales year. We sold out of the A119 V3 faster than expected. More stock just arrived at the Amazon Fulfillment Center today and the Fulfilled by Amazon listing is back up again. We were able to heavily discount the stock we received pre-tarriff for Black Friday - Cyber Monday. We have to deal with the 15% China tariff on all future shipments moving forward so price is back to normal for now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A119 V3 3
Back