BlackBox B40C/A118C motion detection and firmware question

McFuzz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

I recently acquired a BlackBox B40C and love it! However, I noticed that motion detection is pretty useless at night. Even if the street is very well lit and there are plenty of moving objects, the camera does not go into record mode while driving. I can manually trigger a recording, however once the loop expires the camera goes back into idle mode. Note that during daytime - it works perfectly well... just not during night time. Has anyone encountered a similar issue and has some feedback?

I am also wondering if there is a firmware upgrade for the camera. According to the info on the cam itself, it appears to be running software version blackbox.20160512 which I guess is dated May 12th 2016. Is there anything newer by any chance? Can I cross-pollinate with a different "vendor" of a B40c?

Thanks!

different vendor firmware is generally ok on these, it won't really do much to improve motion detect though as that's a hardware limitation, better off running without that on

We are working on a new firmware for A118C now, try to improve the sensitivity for motion detection.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Back