BlackSys PC Viewer software wanted

lmnice

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello all,

I'm resurrecting a BlackSys CH-100B that I bought several years ago. It's still working, but I can't remember the Wi-Fi password. To reset it, I understand I need the BlackSys PC Viewer, but it's nowhere to be found on the internet. The closest I got was this FAQ on BBMC (it leads to a Google Drive folder, which you have to ask for access; after you download and execute it in Windows, it throws an error and ultimately fails) and this Reddit post (which links to the archived version of the download page on the defunct BlackSys website; unfortunately it doesn't archive the download file itself).

Do any of you guys and gals have the Windows installer laying around in your computers by any chance?

Cheers!

I do have BlackSys Player which I was using for CF-100. Not sure if it is compatible with CH-100B ?

PC Viewer-M0.0.4.E Zipped folder with install/setup files (24.7MB)
Let me know if it worked for your CH-100B model?

Thanks @niko !

Sadly it didn't work. It installed correctly, but it seems as though the paths to the various features (videos, configurations files etc) are different between the two dashcams. The config file format also looks like it might be different.

Unless you changed it, most dashcam default passwords are 12345678 or 012345678

Phil

@SawMaster I found an installation guide on YouTube from BBMC that says the default password is 11111111. I tried that (along with all obvious default passwords choices), but it didn't work.

After exploring in Notepad++ the config.bin file in the SD card root folder, I was able to discern the Wi-Fi password (along with a few other bits of information, like the camera Wi-Fi network name and the vehicle name), just by looking at the gibberish that usually shows up when opening binary files in text editors.

For future visitors: there is a string among the gibberish containing the Wi-Fi network name, then a NUL symbol, then the Wi-Fi password. I expect that, if it's not there, then it's probably the default password (11111111).

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions!

Back