Blackview BL500, tips?

doublep

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Blackview BL500
<I realize this topic should be in the GSXXXX topic now, but I can't find a move or delete button>

So I just ordered my first dashcam from a chinese website (not sure if it's ok to name it here) where I often order gadgets and small electronics. Due to some returns, I had a bunch of store credit, which led me to order this this camera. My requirements for the cam were decent daylight recording and GPS speed in screen, simply because I like that.

So I ordered the Blackview BL500. According to some sites, this is also sold under the name GS9000 Pro. The few videos I found of it seem good, speed in screen, pretty decent image, all-in-all I have high hopes for getting an ok product (I realize it's not a 200+ euro unit).

Now, if anyone has any tips for this unit, please let me know. Some starter questions:
- Should/can I update firmware and if so, how?
- What Micro SD card(s) should I get? I have loads of SD cards due to photography hobby, but no micro SD...
- Anything else?

Last edited:
blackview BL500 is blackview chinese name,we call blackview GS9000 made by DOME tech. we don't suggest to update firmware by yourself.
if you want update firmware ,i can download the f/w at following link
http://www.blackview.com.cn/support-download-4.html

the blackview GS9000 supports up to 32G micro SD.
9751fa63-9e94-4ee7-886b-922db444f4a4.jpg

Back