Blackview DR500-GW English Firmware v1.005

dreikas

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have English firmware v1.005 for BlackVue DR500GW HD device? If yes, maybe you can share the file :) ?
If not, maybe owners of English device versions can share the content of their /mnt/nand/voices/KOR/WOMAN/* and /mnt/nand/voices/KOR/MAN/* folders? :roll:
Thanks in advance!

Re: Eng. formware for DR500GW

Got confirmation from Pittasoft that owners of English version devices DR500GW HD should contact their official supplier in order to get official firmware update v1.005E. Quite funny, since the device is protected from firmware updates that are not sharing the same language (ex. Korean can't be upgraded to English, Russian or German etc.). So why not to place it on official website as they do with Korean version? :)

Anyway, if you have English firmware update and want to share it - please let me know :)

i would like this one too. anyone know what it improves??

wozzzzza said:
i would like this one too. anyone know what it improves??

According Pittasoft:
*) BlackVue viewer program updated (Windows) V2.032 (Google Map API error correction)
*) SD card compatibility improvements
*) System stabilization (whatever that means :) )

I Just downloaded Firmware v1.005E (haven't yet installed it) from Soltechsecurity.com which is where I bought my camera from. Use this URL http://www.soltechsecurity.com/P/D/186/DR500GW-HD-BlackVue-Car-Black-Box-with-Built-in-Wi-Fi. Also available at this link is the:

• PDF User Manual (8.03MB)
  • ZIP HD Viewer (MAC) (2.42MB)
  • ZIP HD Viewer (WIN) (9.09MB)---Most current version 2.032 HD-E
  • PDF App Manual (1.04MB)
  • ZIP Firmware (39.27MB)DR500GW-HD_v1.005E - Dated 3-15-2013

I have used the above WIN HD Viewer, seems to work just fine and I don't visually see anything different from the older version.

Hope this helps.

Pebo said:
I Just downloaded Firmware v1.005E (haven't yet installed it) from Soltechsecurity.com which is where I bought my camera from. Use this URL http://www.soltechsecurity.com/P/D/186/DR500GW-HD-BlackVue-Car-Black-Box-with-Built-in-Wi-Fi. Also available at this link is the:

• PDF User Manual (8.03MB)
  • ZIP HD Viewer (MAC) (2.42MB)
  • ZIP HD Viewer (WIN) (9.09MB)---Most current version 2.032 HD-E
  • PDF App Manual (1.04MB)
  • ZIP Firmware (39.27MB)DR500GW-HD_v1.005E - Dated 3-15-2013

I have used the above WIN HD Viewer, seems to work just fine and I don't visually see anything different from the older version.

Hope this helps.
It WONT WORK on a KOREAN version as have just tried it

Hillbilly said:
what happens when you try and install it? will it brick it or just fail with error message??

Pebo, much appreciated!

Updated successfully, took couple of minutes.
Unfortunately there`s no changelog, but we will see in next days, what has changed.

linni, you have the Korean dashcam version or the English version?

enjoy,
Mtz

Pebo said:
I Just downloaded Firmware v1.005E (haven't yet installed it) from Soltechsecurity.com
<snip>

<snip>

Update: Since my last post, I did an install with the new Firmware v1.005E on an ENGLISH version recorder, and it installed just fine. I don't visually see any difference, but what ever the update is, I hope it's good.

One thing on the newer HD Viewer that I found is that instead of being locked into an 8 character password, now it allows from 5-30 characters.

Mtz said:
linni, you have the Korean dashcam version or the English version?

enjoy,
Mtz

English version.

Pebo said:
One thing on the newer HD Viewer that I found is that instead of being locked into an 8 character password, now it allows from 5-30 characters.
so no increase in image quality?? the main thing that is needed.?

wozzzzza said:
Pebo said:
so no increase in image quality?? the main thing that is needed.?

Unfortunately, the videos look the same. I think for better video quality, that will need to be on the camera side. I've installed the new camera Firmware but haven't had a chance to use it out of the garage, but what I've read earlier in this thread, video quality is not changed.

So no improvement in video quality is a disappointment. Interesting the Pittasoft does not post firmware updates on their website anymore. I guess to make it more difficult for owners of their product.

DashCamMan said:
So no improvement in video quality is a disappointment. Interesting the Pittasoft does not post firmware updates on their website anymore. I guess to make it more difficult for owners of there product.

I find the whole Korean way of doing business is not customer focused at all, they are good innovators but all too often leave customers high and dry with little or no support

wozzzzza said:
Hillbilly said:
what happens when you try and install it? will it brick it or just fail with error message??

It says "Version information is different" and wont go any further. It doesnt alter any files and camera still works as before Doesnt brick it.

The alternative download link for DR500GW firmware v1.005 as found in the Korean website is here. For Korean version of DR500GW. ;)

[Major modifications contents]

1 Black view viewer program (Windows) V2.032 (Google Map API error correction)
2 SD card compatibility improvements
3 System stabilization

DR500GW-HD_v1.005K ;)

The Mitch download link is not working.
I think Mio want to say that link is just the Korean firmware for the Korean camera.
People want here English firmware for the Korean camera.

So Mio, you are saying that the russian tested the 1.005E firmware with the modified version.bin file on the Korean cameras and everything was OK?

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
russian tested the 1.005E firmware
no, russian tested the 1.005K firmware in firmware 1.005R

Back