Released Note:

Added image quality options in setup
Switch Off GPS when in parking mode
Improved Wi-Fi connection stability
MIC volume adjustment
Other bug fixes and system stabilization

www.blackvue.com.sg/uploads/8/4/4/2/844 ... _setup.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
This appears to be the version which supports the Dual cam as it has tabs for files from a front and rear camera in the viewer.

Will wait for a braver person to install it as a bit nervous about a file from a first poster ( no offence ) but been caught before with a bad file

On running this in Windows 7 it causes the themes to turn off and revert to Windows Basic color scheme So if your screen flickers thats what has happened .

Seems its incompatible with Windows Aero themes The viewer version is 2,035

I dont see any settings other than what was in the old settings to change what has been posted

Does have 2 icons in bottom left in the viewer which switch between front and rear images and one for screen mode settings

It has also done something so that when I try to submit this reply post to the forum it gives a message to say Connecting to activate.Tapatalk.com. A bit of a worry

unable to open it, as it states

You can’t open the application
“DR500GW-HD_v1.008E(2013_0730)_Setup.exe”
because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported on OS X

mingsect said:
Hillbilly said:

pity or rather waiting for something to run it first? :lol:

Was feeling sorry for those who got up late and missed it LOL

Also wont install it till someone else is braver than me.

Always careful with first posters as got a drive wiped by a virus in a similar situation

I am however appreciative of it being posted if it s ok.

ANYWAY HERE IS THE FIRMWARE DIRECT FROM THE BLACKVUE HOME SITE

http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub ... searchstr=

I managed to get the new software on the imac desktop and in the 500, but I still have no option on the desktop to change the bit rate.. even with the new desktop software

Bitrate= compression level, there should be 4 choices there now.

tonyg02910 said:
I managed to get the new software on the imac desktop and in the 500, but I still have no option on the desktop to change the bit rate.. even with the new desktop software
I can't even run new Blackvue Viewer 1.010 on my iMac - so I'm currently with v.1.02 for MacOS.
But you can change bitrate via latest iPhone App as I did. :idea:

Where is the switch to turn off GPS in parking mode?

They admitted in other thread (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2071) there is no switch, it is changed normal behaviour (hopefully and presumably to save on car battery and a bit of heat generation?)

I got it to run on my MAC, but the only thing that changed on the MAC version is front and back..

finally got it to work on my imac.. Don't be like me, follow the directions.. I didn't and spend 2 days trying to get the new software to work.

But you have to get a windows computer to un zip the file. then open the .exe pgm and follow the directions formatting the sd card. then take the sd card and put it in your 500 camera. let it do its thing and
it works. on the formatted card is the software for the imac.. just place it on the desktop and lo and behold it works

Back