Blackvue 650 doesn't record more than 1 minute !!!

Webb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue dr650gw-2ch
How can I extend the footage ? The front camera only records for 60 seconds then starts another 60 seconds...Weird

I've seen longer records than this on Youtube.How can I increase the recording time.Ive already went into "properties" and checked 3 minutes recoding,but there are longer one on YouTube.

Thanks

not recommend to put a circularity greater than 1 minute

How this was recorded this long ? 8:30 minutes ?

Oh I didn't know,Thanks

So on your Dashcam only records with 1 minute intervals ?

ag8L9.png

most people use Registrator Viewer to view and join their dashcam clips, you can easily export into one seamless file

Why is it not recommended to record video in greater than 1 min bits ?

I do 3 minute clips.
1 minute is too short to get a feel of video and 5 minutes is too long and need to cut constantly if you need to upload something.

I changed mine to 3 minutes,but I will return my both front & back cameras because of the purple hue in the picture.Wait for the replacement to arrive so I can test it.

I do 3 minute clips.
1 minute is too short to get a feel of video and 5 minutes is too long and need to cut constantly if you need to upload something.
I do 5 minutes. This is because of my I.T. background and not wanting to waste more space than necessary on the card. Because all files use space in multiples of sector size the last sector of a file will always have unused space. The more files then the more unused space.

Admittedly when it comes to large video files the percentage is pretty small but we all have to be OCD about something. :D

How do you change the recording time on the blackvue dr650gw? I still have the factory firmware (V1.009 )and cant find that setting in my android application or PC program. Maybe its a change with the newer firmware?
But at least now I know that the 1minute recordings are a default setting.

@chronicvader
No need to change.
1 minute is the best option.
If you set 2-3 minutes of possible problems.
Checked.

Is the option to change it beyond 1 minute removed from the firmware now?

I just got mine a couple days ago... After reading this thread, it appears as if one min is the optimal record time. However, it's odd that recording time is completely gone.

The one min clips are kind of annoying if you want to go back and reviewing something. You end up opening and closing a bunch of different files to find the one you want.

Is the 3 min option completely gone from the most recent firmware?

Enjoy the cloud feature..:). One minute clips at a reduced bit rate is the price you pay for a feature that is mostly worthless. Revert to a pre cloud firmware.

Back