Blackvue 750s won’t connect to iPhone

Steve750

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m running with blackvue firmware 1.009 and iOS 11.4.

The blackvue auto connects fine to home and work WiFi but will not connect to cell phone personal hotspot. Other devices, such as my iPad, see and connect to the iPhone hotspot without issue.

The blackvue can see the hotspot when I set it up (I use the iPad to connect to the blackvue via direct WiFi and select the iPhone’s hotspot ). I’m sure the password is correct. I’ve removed and rentered the phone’s info multiple times, but she just won’t connect to the iPhone’s hotspot.

I’ve kept the iPhone on the persona hotspot page as well since I know the iPhone doesn’t continuously xmit its ssid if you’re not on that screen.

Anyone else have issues using iphone as a hotspot for blackvue cloud service?

You could try manually entering the hotspot details through the BlackVue Viewer app on your computer.
Perhaps trying to delete your home and work networks off and try to connect to your hotspot first and then the other locations after wards.

There have been a few threads within the BlackVue section (more in the DR900S subsection), make sure to take a look.
Hopefully we can find you a fix.

Make sure your hotspot is doing 2.4gig. This cam does NOT support 5gig networks.

Back