Blackvue 750x Plus vs VIOFO A139

brett174

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey all, new member here. After a lot of research I think I've narrowed down my choice to the above 2 options (both 2 channel models) but having a hard time deciding between the 2. I havent owned a dash cam before but think I would prefer something without the screen which has led me to these models.

Viofo is around ~$350 AUD by the time you add the Hardwiring Kit and has better image quality (2k vs 1080p on Blackvue)
Blackvue seems a bit overpriced (around $630 in Australia, though should be able to pick up on sale for ~$450), but looks to have better build quality, reputation and maybe features/app?

I wish Blackvue offered a 2k model as this seems to be the sweet spot between 1080p and 4k in terms of low light performance, operating heat, video storage size etc.

What did you decide on? Both are good cams. And both will do most everything you want/need.

If the extra cost isn't much for the BV, you might want to consider going that route. You'll get immediate push notifications to your phone (if you want that) and I assume the parking mode would be better with BV.

This forum seems to have more Viofo support, which is a good thing because the support via viofo is not the best.

You really can't go wrong with either camera... let us know what you decided.

In the past, Blackvue was always somewhat lacking in vid quality, but they've upped their game and what I've seen from the 750x and their other newer cams has been from nice to impressive. Still rather pricey, and I think that's why you find more Viofo owners here.

Phil

In the past, Blackvue was always somewhat lacking in vid quality, but they've upped their game and what I've seen from the 750x and their other newer cams has been from nice to impressive. Still rather pricey, and I think that's why you find more Viofo
I think many users value good cloud support and a good parking mode. I don't think any company comes close to Blackvue in these two areas... Thinkware would be the next closest, but their cloud support is way behind Blackvue.

With Blackvue you can see exactly what your cameras see at any given moment while parked. And of course you can also be notified on your phone, tablet or PC immediately of any events while parked (impact or motion) and you can view your car at that very moment. This is exactly what many users want.

Like anything else, if cost is prohibitive, users will need to purchase cams with features they can afford. And of course, there's nothing wrong with that.

Back