Blackvue 900S 2-CH dash cam IS THE BEST XD.

Skybird

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi everyone. I'm from NZ (big city in the north island). I got my first car, a Toyota Aqua (Prius C) 2013 Signature Class (5 year Toyota Warranty) early October 2018. I also got a Blackvue 900S and parking mode battery 240 Blackvue both cost me NZ$1188 which is what Blackvue charges here in NZ.

I have to say this is the BEST dash cam on the market currently! The picture quality is far superior to any Navman product ever. The clarity of the video footage is amazing. I will be posting YouTube videos of dashcam footage (in NZ/Australia there are no legal restrictions on using dash cams on public roads).

The front cam is incredible. It's like the first real 4k camera on the market for dash cams. I can actually read licence plates more than 30cm away lol! XD.

I got a Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB SDXC card for only NZ$105. Something like 5 years round the clock operation and can operate in temperatures down to -20'C and up to 80'C.

As for playing back videos, video footage is stuttery on my Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone and my HP white laptop with an i5 6200U processor, but plays smoothly on my desktop PC, which has an i7 6700k, EVGA GTX 1070SC, and Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD.

I use Power Director 16 for editing videos and posting on my YouTube channel. I hope YouTube supportes H.265 thingy format.

This is my first post on this forum. Decided to create this forum account as I'm in love with this Blackvue product. Sure it's expensive, but I'm amazed by it's performance.

I still have to get used to changing the 1 minute max videos, heard you can change the interval to 2 or 3 minutes. How? Also, how do you do manual recording in parking mode. Cause it seems to not be recording in parking mode. I'd like it to record continuously in Parking Mode. As for the blackvue battery app, I was concerned as it said low battery voltage warning 9-11V. However I think the app isn't exact cause I got my battery checked at Toyota and they said it's working fine, 12.8 Volts.

As for the design, it's really discrete which I like and slim and not obvious to the world. And the Blackvue app works fine for viewing live footage from the cameras.

O yea and installing the front cam behind the front mirror on the windscreen is the best place to install it. Toyota Kent Terrace installed it on the top left corner but went to a locale authorized Blackvue installer who repositioned the camera and mount with ease behind the front mirror. Nice wide clear front shot and it receives windscreen wipers coverage too so it still can see when it's raining and the wipers are going.

I rate the product a 9/10. Still need to learn a few features but that shouldn't take too long. Thanks for reading ^.^.

Reason why I didn't get a blackvue 128GB is cause they don't state their read/write speeds and they charge NZ$200 for the 128GB version. Samsung is a reliable brand. I was concerned about the video stuttering on H.265 but it you have a good PC and good editing software for prepping YouTube videos, should be good as gold. Samsung Pro Endurance works fine. First time I put the sdxc card in its said "check card". ok.... so I formatted it on the dash cam and wolla, it accepts the sdxc card. It has the endurance power to operate continuously and it can record 7 hours of footage both front and rear on extreme mode (25 bit front 12 bit rear 4k/1080). As for 60fps expectation, 30fps is fine.

is it not recording, or does it stop recording?

It stops recording in parking mode. I haven't learned how to fully use it quite yet I've been only using it for a few days. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Battery charges via the 12v cigarette port. Don't want it hardwired. I won't be using parking mode all the time. But it's a good feature to have.

I am less than impressed with mine .. the 4k is not all that great. You cannot read license plates all that well due to the very wide angle of view. Due to the less than real life magnification, once you zoom it in .. you lose all the detail which defeats the reason for having 4k.

Back