BlackVue 900S audio recording

moogle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey,

I take my dashcam out the car so it doesn’t get stolen. I went out last night and realized the microSD card fell out.

I am not bothered about the card, but I am bothered if someone found the SD card and could hear conversations I’ve had in the car.

I bought a new memory card and plugged it in. No audio recorded. Says MIC/OFF on the bottom.

Does that mean my previous setting had audio off. Or is that just default when you put a fresh card in? If I had of had audio ON, would the new card I put in have audio on?

TIA

If the memory card was empty (no files / directories), then the settings stored within the camera will be the ones that are used with the new card in place. If the dash camera finds the settings not present on the memory card it stores the current settings to the memory card. That's how/why you can use the BlackVue SD Card Viewer program on your computer to view/set the settings for the camera. If you update the settings using the SD Card Viewer and click on the "Save and Close" button to save the changes to the memory card, the next time that memory card is inserted into the dash camera, the dash camera will pickup the updates stored on the memory card.

If the memory card was empty (no files / directories), then the settings stored within the camera will be the ones that are used with the new card in place. If the dash camera finds the settings not present on the memory card it stores the current settings to the memory card. That's how/why you can use the BlackVue SD Card Viewer program on your computer to view/set the settings for the camera. If you update the settings using the SD Card Viewer and click on the "Save and Close" button to save the changes to the memory card, the next time that memory card is inserted into the dash camera, the dash camera will pickup the updates stored on the memory card.
Great thank you. So a brand new fresh memory card with the words MIC/OFF at the bottom after it’s first inserted into the dashcam means I was not recording audio onto the memory card I lost?

Great thank you. So a brand new fresh memory card with the words MIC/OFF at the bottom after it’s first inserted into the dashcam means I was not recording audio onto the memory card I lost?
Yes, I believe your statement is correct.

Yes, I believe your statement is correct.
Thanks, I actually did some testing to confirm this. As you said before, the settings in BlackVue viewer carry on to a new card regardless of whether voice is in or off.

One other thing I found. Toggling voice on with proximity sensor only keeps the voice recording until the next power cycle, then it reverts to mic off. It works in reverse too. If I set voice on in the config file, toggling the voice off will only keep it off until the next power cycle.

Thanks again, don’t have to start cancelling my credit cards etc.

Credit cards?? we were all assuming hot steamy chit chat. :).

Back