BlackVue 900s vs 750s with Night Vision ON. Thoughts?

Rango

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo & Blackvue DR650S-2CH-IR Infrared
Guys. What do you guys think of the shootout of Blackvue 900s vs 750s with NIght vision ON for night recording and details. I found this video but does anyone have both of those cameras that can comment on.

On one hand 900s lighting is low but plates are more legible. On other hand 750s with night vision on is fully lit but plates slightly less visible. Seems there is more artifacts in 750s due to ISO increase? If that is how Night Vision actually works?

Not sure what to make of it. It's hard to judge without having them in use as daily driver. Does 900s has Night Vision in settings and is it as effective as in 750s. In this video it was Night Vision was not shown on 900s. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I made this video actually. When it says night vision ON/OFF in lower right corner, it means the NV mode is ON/OFF for both dashcams at once. Thanks for pointing this out, I didn't think about it when making this video, should make it more clear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I made this video actually. When it says night vision ON/OFF in lower right corner, it means the NV mode is ON/OFF for both dashcams at once. Thanks for pointing this out, I didn't think about it when making this video, should make it more clear.

Witam! :) Thank you for making this video comparison. I took a screenshot. So in 900s Night Vision is ON at this time?

If so there is No effect on brightness like there is in 750s. Why is the brightness (iso) so poor?

Attachments

• 900s Night Vision.jpg
    900s Night Vision.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 24
I guess that's because the new 4K Omnivision sensor in DR900S doesn't have an actual Night Vision mode as Starvis has...

I guess that's because the new 4K Omnivision sensor in DR900S doesn't have an actual Night Vision mode as Starvis has...

Oh got it. I was confused actually on that weather there is night vision on 900s. There isn't. Got it. Makes huge difference IMO. Looks like 750s is better camera for night shooting. Thanks for doing that review.

there is no night vision mode to the sensor, the night vision mode is just adjustments to brightness, contrast etc, that just shows greater benefit on the Sony sensor due to the much larger pixel size which lends itself to low light performance

@jokiin I posted a screenshot from that video.. The low light performance of 900s is terrible. Maybe there needs to be different footage tested but from video posted it's pretty bad?! 750s is way better for night shooting.

The low light performance of 900s is terrible. Maybe there needs to be different footage tested but from video posted it's pretty bad?! 750s is way better for night shooting.

of course, the pixel size of the 750s is much larger and is superior in low light

I just got the 900s installed, but after seeing night vision comparisons between the 750s and 900s as well as having overheat issues with the 900s in parking mode, is the 900s actually better than the 750s?

Parking mode is basically useless during a typical hot day in cali, after a few hours itll auto shutdown

Parking mode is also pretty useless at night when the area isnt lit well

The only real benefits is the 4k, high quality h265 videos - but if it cant utilize parking mode more than half the time - is it worth it?

Back