Blackvue Android App

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
Hey guys and gals

I have updated my Android phone to Jellybean 4.21 and the Black Vue application doesnt allow files to be copied from the camera to the phone over wifi. It does however work with previous Android versions, please can someone confirm this on Jelly Bean 4.21 ROM.

[Broken External Image]:http://db.tt/aao8y7p6

The application is this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ient&hl=en

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ive got the same issue on the ICS ( files download not working since the beginning ), Ive also tried on diff phone runnung Gingerbreath and the same, so I guess its the app issue...

BTW Have you succeded to solve it in the meantime ?

Thanks

What version App are you running there is a new 1.011 available that fixes a few things I dont have an android so cant help

Hillbilly said:
What version App are you running there is a new 1.011 available that fixes a few things I dont have an android so cant help

Current Android version is 1.32 (from 18/03/2013).

Running on Galaxy S3 4G (i9305) 4.1.2 and having no problems with it? Just runs a bit slow (the app itself, loading times etc but copying files/live view/etc Works fine.

Only problem is WiFi range. About 5 feet and it drops out :(

Back when I had this dashcam I spoke with the company that produced the application and no matter what I told them it was apparently a faulty smart phone and I needed to replace it... One thing the Blackvue crew are good at is not listening and producing junk... I must admit build quality was impressive, video quality shameful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rbimdxe said:
Hillbilly said:

Current Android version is 1.32 (from 18/03/2013).

Running on Galaxy S3 4G (i9305) 4.1.2 and having no problems with it? Just runs a bit slow (the app itself, loading times etc but copying files/live view/etc Works fine.

Only problem is WiFi range. About 5 feet and it drops out :(

Im talking about the Blackvue APP NOT the Android version on your phone

Im having the 1.32 Blackvue App, being in contact with the Blackvue "Support" since couple of days, but no success so far... Im running ICS 4.0.3 - guys any idea how to fix please ?

Thanks a lot

Mybe someone having still the previous version of teh Android App I could try ?

I'm unable to copy files over from cam to phone memory as well. I can't find the option to do so.

Also, do you guys have to search for the cam and enter the password everytime you log on?

When you connect for first time type the password to get in, next times use different icon to open the CAM ( If remember correctly, its called only "WiFi" ) and the password is not requested anymore...

I do that but it always says "unable to login". Only way is to search for camera and reenter password each time.

Milamber said:
Hey guys and gals

I have updated my Android phone to Jellybean 4.21 and the Black Vue application doesnt allow files to be copied from the camera to the phone over wifi. It does however work with previous Android versions, please can someone confirm this on Jelly Bean 4.21 ROM.

It's because the path to the SD card is different in Jellybean. However it's easy to correct by providing the correct path while within the Blackvue application.
To this end, go to the menu (as soon as you have started the application). In the menu settings you will see "BlackVue SD Manager" where it is possible to "Manage Misco SD Card" by choosing the correct path to the SD Card.

Hi trash739. Im running on ICS and also can not copy the files over WiFi to the phone ( I can see them, even play them, but cant delete or copy... ) - any idea how to fix ( this seems to me the SD card path is set correctly as I can see the recorder files )...

Another finding: Ive tried to copy the files also via Android Ginger, ICS as well as JB and in none of them I could do so - simply the option doesnt pop up... The only thing Ive achieved is to copy the via Web Broserf ( over 192.168.8.1 ), but only on JB platform - on the others it says "the file can not be copied..." - gyus PLS HELP!!!

BTW The "Pitta Support" is keeping on sending me coplete bull****hs.... Recently they asked me to run a kind of report ( sent directly from the app. to them ) and they replyed that I have no internal memory... :lol: ( Ive got 32GB SD in the phone, also a lot of internal flash still free... )

Acho said:
Hi trash739. Im running on ICS and also can not copy the files over WiFi to the phone ( I can see them, even play them, but cant delete or copy... ) - any idea how to fix ( this seems to me the SD card path is set correctly as I can see the recorder files )...

i did what trash739 said, and i'm now able to copy files, but it will only allow me to copy to internal storage, not my microsd card.

i set the path to /storage/extSdCard, but it still wont copy to the right place. im on a note 2 with 4.1.2 and blackvue app v 1.32

I cannot get the blackvue player to run on mine at all, embedded player of the phone works fine however, none of the vids will buffer the whole way meaning it buffers only a couple seconds in advance which is useless.

Android gives the option to lock a file which in playback, Apple version OS does not, neither version streams saved vids smoothly unless you copy them to internal, but I can only copy to internal on my Crapple Pad and Phone, not on Android Phone.

FFS, such awesome potential being ruined by shoddy programming.

Back