BlackVue App and iOS 13 Public Beta

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone have issues hooking up to their camera using the BlackVue app and iOS13 public beta? I think it has to do with how the new public beta handles wifi and cellular data connections...

This has been reported here within the last two or three of days. There is an explanation in that thread but it didn't interest me as I am an Android geezer.

Anyone have issues hooking up to their camera using the BlackVue app and iOS13 public beta? I think it has to do with how the new public beta handles wifi and cellular data connections...

yes, I have the same problem and Blackvue told me they are aware and that it’s being worked on.

27BBCFB9-61C7-47CF-994E-4561DA0B9832.jpeg

iOS 13.1 beta 1 just came out, but I am not willing to try it and see if it fixes the issues with Celluar/Wi-Fi. I’ll hold off of a bit and try to find some courage since there are some bugs in this new build.

Edit: OK iOS 13.1 beta 1 and still the cellular and Wi-Fi issues persist.
Edit again: iOS 13.1 beta 2 and still no fix.

Last edited:
Unfortunately BV took an approach of blaming Apple. With every new OS app developers need to make adjustments. iOS 13 has been publicly released & while 3rd party apps like Dride work, BV app still doesn’t.

Reactions: EGS
New iOS update today from Apple and still the darn app and Wi-Fi does not work. Thank you blackvue for nothing

Quite common across all dash cam manufacturers when a major OS update happens.

Give it some time and BlackVue will have this resolved.

FYI j brought this to their attention on 7/22/19

Back