Blackvue app Issue

Rzrbrn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bought a Blackvue DR900x 2CH. I have an iPhone and MacBook Pro (2015). I went to the App Store using my iPhone and downloaded the Blackvue app. The Apple App Store it says this BV app will work with current BV dash cam. After a successful download the app says "This app is no longer supported. We've replaced this app with a new app for an improved BlackVue experience. Please download the new app." This BV app does not allow me to access it. It sent me back to the BV app at the Apple App Store. What the heck?

After posting here, and as I was emailing customer support at the BV website, I figured what the hay, and re-download what appears to be the same app. This second app, with the exact same name, but with the "Get" butt again highlighted in blue, is the updated app. I downloaded it, and all is well. This second app does work.

Wonder why this has not been cleared up by BV? Hope it is not indicative of the BV dash cam itself or how this new app works. Sheesh...

I am posting this so new customers of the BV dash cam will perhaps be less anxious about this aspect of the BV app.

Thanks ImpliedConsent, I went through that thread. Helps ease the pain a bit.

Back