BlackVue auto ON/OFF request (GeoFencing when in garage)

900s

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just upgraded from a 650 with TLink power to a 900S with a B-124 battery pack and the new cam uses so much more power. It drains the B-124 overnight.

So rather than have a ON/OFF switch Blackvue could implement a GeoFencing option so when the car is in the garage the app turns off either the camera or the battery.

We should all send a request to Blackvue to implement this option.

I doubt that could be made accurate enough to recognize an inside the garage and off but "just" outside on. But a good idea nevertheless.

Good idea. I would support this request. For me there is no need to stay in parking mode at home or 100m away.

Good idea. I would support this request. For me there is no need to stay in parking mode at home or 100m away.

Well... had I left mine on parking mode while parked in my attached garage with the door open.. I would have filmed the thief that stole my bike and GPS. Found the bike half a block away.. where he stole a better bike.. :) never did get my Garming back though

Well... had I left mine on parking mode while parked in my attached garage with the door open.. I would have filmed the thief that stole my bike and GPS. Found the bike half a block away.. where he stole a better bike.. :) never did get my Garming back though

Because the battery lasts only 10 hours it's pretty much useless when you park in the garage, also being an option you would be able to keep it on

I wired in my dashcam with a gadget called PMP (Power Magic Pro) which prevents the battery from running down to the point of not being able to start the vehicle (or based on time) But.. had it shut off as the parking mode with my camera is pretty well useless.

I have an idea... auto-shutoff parking mode when connected to the garage Wifi.. base it on a certain SSID and have 3 or 4 available for this mode.

I just upgraded from a 650 with TLink power to a 900S with a B-124 battery pack and the new cam uses so much more power. It drains the B-124 overnight.

So rather than have a ON/OFF switch Blackvue could implement a GeoFencing option so when the car is in the garage the app turns off either the camera or the battery.

We should all send a request to Blackvue to implement this option.
This is a great idea. Blackvue should consider a firmware upgrade that includes geofencing. I'm fortunate enough to locate the B-124 battery in the center console where it can be easily switched off when parked in the garage; however, most people don't have this option.

This is a great idea. Blackvue should consider a firmware upgrade that includes geofencing. I'm fortunate enough to locate the B-124 battery in the center console where it can be easily switched off when parked in the garage; however, most people don't have this option.

Yes and like the previous member mentioned, it could even just based on WiFi signal, once you reach home wifi it turns off.

We should all email Blackview and see if they want to implement it.

Then how do you connect with your home wifi?

Then how do you connect with your home wifi?

You can enable or disable the function, I think GPS is ideal. In my case I don't connect to WiFi.

I doubt about Blackvue had ever consider a deep-sleep or similar function of the Hi3559. You are not able to turn off the whole camera completely otherwise you’ll not be able to determine when you leave your garage/house. (so you’ll be able save storage space and just reduce some power consumption) What about something like an external Wifi switch? Sonoff maybe? Sure, there is still some consumption but with custom firmware, you are able to reduce pretty much. (just check every 5 minutes if there is a specific SSID, then sleep, etc.) Or whole custom hardware.

Last edited:
I doubt about Blackvue had ever consider a deep-sleep or similar function of the Hi3559. You are not able to turn off the whole camera completely otherwise you’ll not be able to determine when you leave your garage/house. (so you’ll be able save storage space and just reduce some power consumption) What about something like an external Wifi switch? Sonoff maybe? Sure, there is still some consumption but with custom firmware, you are able to reduce pretty much. (just check every 5 minutes if there is a specific SSID, then sleep, etc.) Or whole custom hardware.

The camera could go insto standby mode, it's the recording function that drains the battery.

Sure, that’s what i’ve meant by “just reduce power consumption” and “Blackvue had ever consider...”:)

Because according to the measure by my B-124, Parking mode(during non-recording time) drains same power as the normal mode...

Last edited:
If it's the same as the 750, during parking mode, the camera is still running, just not saving the pictures it captures to the SD card unless there is a physical bump on the car or movement in the picture area depending on your settings. For a bump that activates the G sensor, the 'previous' 3 or 4 seconds are recorded and I think about 30 seconds after.

Yes, it’s the same (except 5 seconds before, 55 seconds after). Or time lapse.

Got time lapse on the 750 now as well.

Hi all,

Picked up a DR900S myself recently paired with a Cellink Neo, my commute to work is ~7 minutes so finding I don't have enough time to get a charge back into the Neo. I'm not coming up with any luck on a solution, so decided to being building my own solution.

I've just ordered the 2 pack of Estimote's Proximity Beacons. I'm a C developer myself, with enough experience with Arduino and Raspberry Pis'. I've been wanting to make a car-GPS tracker on top of either an Arduino or Raspberry Pi, so this will be my motivation to get it done.

My game play is to either use an Arduino or Raspberry Pi that sense the Proximity Beacon left in my garage that then cuts power to the dashcam. The actual cutting of power is the part I need to do some research up on and figure out, but I figure it shouldn't be to hard. I'll keep you updated on how I go.

The actual cutting of power is the part I need to do some research up on and figure out, but I figure it shouldn't be to hard.
Get the Pi to switch a relay on when you want power to the cam, and feed the power through that.

Last edited:
Back