Blackvue B112 hardwired WITH power magic pro?

jettadude123

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I am interested in extending the running time of my Blackvue 650S. Currently I work a few long days a week and have my cameras hardwired via PMP. With the cold it does not make it through the day as expected. I though turning off parking mode recording would extend the life for the day to be able to capture any impacts, but not quite.

I'm looking at the Blackvue B112 battery pack and had a view usage/hardwiring questions:

1.) If I hard wire the battery to my car through the PMP (basically just wire the battery between the camera and the PMP on my current hardwired setup) how will the power be used? Will the camera draw power from the car battery until the PMP shuts it off, at which point the battery will be the power source? Will the battery be able to make this transition with this hardwire setup? Is the battery also being charged by the car battery when parked while running the camera too?

2.) Anyone have the B112? Do you like it?

Thanks all

I am interested in extending the running time of my Blackvue 650S. Currently I work a few long days a week and have my cameras hardwired via PMP. With the cold it does not make it through the day as expected. I though turning off parking mode recording would extend the life for the day to be able to capture any impacts, but not quite.

I'm looking at the Blackvue B112 battery pack and had a view usage/hardwiring questions:

1.) If I hard wire the battery to my car through the PMP (basically just wire the battery between the camera and the PMP on my current hardwired setup) how will the power be used? Will the camera draw power from the car battery until the PMP shuts it off, at which point the battery will be the power source? Will the battery be able to make this transition with this hardwire setup? Is the battery also being charged by the car battery when parked while running the camera too?

2.) Anyone have the B112? Do you like it?

Thanks all
If you use the PMP with the B112 then the PMP will continue to charge the B112 until the PMP hits the cut out voltage and then the B112 will take over and continue powering the dash cam until the B112 power depletes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you use the PMP with the B112 then the PMP will continue to charge the B112 until the PMP hits the cut out voltage and then the B112 will take over and continue powering the dash cam until the B112 power depletes.

Is there no way to do the opposite? Run off the B112/b124 until the battery is deplete, then switch to the PMP for direct power from the 12v battery?

Is there no way to do the opposite? Run off the B112/b124 until the battery is deplete, then switch to the PMP for direct power from the 12v battery?
No. The PMP is a low voltage cutout module. It has to be connected to a direct power source such as a constant power fuse and an accessory source. The B112 doesn't provide what the PMP needs so the way I described is the only way it will work. You can always set the voltage high or off on the PMP if you don't want to run power off vehicle battery at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You could of course use a separate low-voltage switch (UPS-style) which would switch to PMP once the B112 is empty.

Back