Blackvue B124 hardwire. Fuses always on?

willzyx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I recently tried to hardwire a B124 by using fuse taps, but my car (2010 Suburban) shows that all fuses are always on. The only switched fuses I found was lock/unlock but those light up only when locking/unlocking the car. I don't want to go through a firewall to the underhood. Any suggestions on how to hardwire it? Anyone with similar GM truck?

There is another box next to the pedals, but it's for body harnesses and circuit breakers (whatever those are).

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Do you have any access to a switched source even if the current is rated low? A cigarette socket perhaps? Power window? A low current switched power source could be used to power on a relay at all times when the car in on. Polarity doesn't matter on automotive relays. Pin 85 or 86 will be teed into a hot switched source and the other will go to ground. When the source is on the relay will be on connecting pins 87 and 30. One of the pins will be ran to the fuse box to a constant how source and the other pin will be ran to your B124.

****, after typing all of this, I realized how old the question is. I am not deleting all of this.

Back