Blackvue B124 Power Magic Ultra Battery fuse question

hatragyi

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hello,
I have a Blackvue B124 battery and a Viofo A129 dashcam. I would like to hardwire the B124 in my 2019 Ford S-Max car.
The problem is, that the car interior fuse panel has only one usable, not too important switched fuse, what is only 15A and use it the car too (#36, 15A, Auto-dimming rear view mirror, heated seat). Fuse panel of my car, look at this link. The Radio and Amplifier fuses is permanent, not switched.
The offline user manual of B124 battery, what is incuded in the B124 box, say: "Identify a Switched (accessory power) fuse of more than 20A in your interior fuse panel.", screenshot.
But, if I download this manual at now from the blackvue.com support section, what last updated date is: August 17, 2018, say: "Identify a Switched (accessory power) fuse of more than 10A in your interior fuse panel.", screenshot.

According to the specification of the battery, the input/charging voltages is:
Screen Shot 19-08-13_14-43- 58.PNG

On the battery, has a little switch: cigatrette | off | hardwired
The cigarette option mean slow, the hardwired mean fast charging mode.
Screen Shot 19-08-13_14-47- 49.PNG

So, can I use the above mentioned 15A common fuse of my car, if I only using the B124 in slow charging mode (cigarette option switch)? I think in this mode the B124 maximum power consumption is max 6.5A.
If the above plan is ok, which value fuse can I use in the fuse extender for the B124? 15A for the car, and 10A or 15A for the B124? My plan is, on this image. 20A fuse tap included of the B124 box, but I bought 10A and 15A fuse taps.

My questions sent to Blackvue earlier, but they not answered yet.

Thank You!

Any fuse between 10A-30A for a battery pack, including the B-124, will be ok :)

The amperage rating of the fuse tape you use does not matter and does not need to match the 15A fuse you're looking to hardwire to.

Any fuse between 10A-30A for a battery pack, including the B-124, will be ok :)

The amperage rating of the fuse tape you use does not matter and does not need to match the 15A fuse you're looking to hardwire to.

For the most part but the B124 does charge @ 9A so I'd imagine that the Draw to be near 10 Amps max. This plus whatever the fuse can be significant depending on what the switched source is operating. You never know the max load of the mosfet or relay they use to switch that source. This is the main reason why the Neo 9 went the safer way. They only use the switched source to activate the device while you run a fused main power to any high power source.. Fortunately, many components on vehicles have a safety margin.

I do have my B124 connected their way but I managed to find a 15A fuse in my hood that was switched and didn't operate anything in my vehicle.

Thank You guys. I think if I use my B124 only on slow charging mode (cigarette option), then the max charging amperages only 5A/6.5A, even if I hardwired it in my car the fuse panel.

Back