BlackVue Bundles SIM Card With Its Dash Cams for Easy Cloud Connectivity

BlackVue_Pittasoft

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of

BlackVue Bundles SIM Card With Its Dash Cams for Easy Cloud Connectivity​

BlackVue to include a data SIM card with LTE built-in North America (NA) models from March. 1 month 1GB free trial. 1, 3, 5GB plans offered.

BlackVue Dash Cameras is thrilled to announce the launch of the BlackVue SIM Card in North America. The SIM Card, taking advantage of telecommunications operator Telenor’s global network, allows owners of BlackVue’s latest dash cams with built-in LTE to easily connect their model to the Cloud out of the box. The BlackVue SIM Card is compatible with the T-Mobile, AT&T, Roger and Telus networks.
BlackVue launched its BlackVue Cloud service in 2015 to expand the connectivity and versatility of its dashboard cameras. Over the years, BlackVue has refined the service to include a wide range of features for individuals and businesses alike. BlackVue Cloud users can check on their car anytime from the BlackVue mobile app but more importantly, they can be at peace knowing that critical footage will be saved to the Cloud in real time in case of impact on their parked vehicle.

Although BlackVue has been making strides in recent years to simplify the mobile pairing and dash cam registration processes, the Korean manufacturer wanted to make connecting its cameras to the Cloud even easier for its users. While tech-savvy car owners may not mind going through the search and selection of a data SIM card or the setting up of a mobile hotspot in their vehicle, the thought could give others pause. Enter the BlackVue SIM Card.
“A lot of users enjoy BlackVue Cloud but we knew that setting it up can be a daunting task for some customers”, said Seohyeon Choi, BlackVue Cloud Service Team project manager. “With the BlackVue SIM Card, we wanted to give users a chance to try BlackVue Cloud worry-free, out of the box, without having to shop separately for a hotspot or data plan.”

With the BlackVue SIM Card, users only need to create a free BlackVue Cloud account and follow a few simple steps to connect their dash cam to the Cloud. With the DR750X LTE Plus models—compatible at launch—the BlackVue SIM card is automatically activated upon powering after insertion into the built-in SIM reader. When it comes to pricing and conditions, the BlackVue SIM Card comes in 1GB ($10.99), 3GB ($23.99) and 5GB ($39.99) monthly plans, with a 1GB free month trial period to make getting started even easier. Users can cancel their plan anytime ahead of the next monthly charge.

Anyone interested in the BlackVue SIM Card can learn more at https://blackvue.com/sim.

BlackVue Bundles SIM Card With Its Dash Cams for Easy Cloud Connectivity​

BlackVue to include a data SIM card with LTE built-in North America (NA) models from March. 1 month 1GB free trial. 1, 3, 5GB plans offered.

BlackVue Dash Cameras is thrilled to announce the launch of the BlackVue SIM Card in North America. The SIM Card, taking advantage of telecommunications operator Telenor’s global network, allows owners of BlackVue’s latest dash cams with built-in LTE to easily connect their model to the Cloud out of the box. The BlackVue SIM Card is compatible with the T-Mobile, AT&T, Roger and Telus networks.
BlackVue launched its BlackVue Cloud service in 2015 to expand the connectivity and versatility of its dashboard cameras. Over the years, BlackVue has refined the service to include a wide range of features for individuals and businesses alike. BlackVue Cloud users can check on their car anytime from the BlackVue mobile app but more importantly, they can be at peace knowing that critical footage will be saved to the Cloud in real time in case of impact on their parked vehicle.

Although BlackVue has been making strides in recent years to simplify the mobile pairing and dash cam registration processes, the Korean manufacturer wanted to make connecting its cameras to the Cloud even easier for its users. While tech-savvy car owners may not mind going through the search and selection of a data SIM card or the setting up of a mobile hotspot in their vehicle, the thought could give others pause. Enter the BlackVue SIM Card.
“A lot of users enjoy BlackVue Cloud but we knew that setting it up can be a daunting task for some customers”, said Seohyeon Choi, BlackVue Cloud Service Team project manager. “With the BlackVue SIM Card, we wanted to give users a chance to try BlackVue Cloud worry-free, out of the box, without having to shop separately for a hotspot or data plan.”

With the BlackVue SIM Card, users only need to create a free BlackVue Cloud account and follow a few simple steps to connect their dash cam to the Cloud. With the DR750X LTE Plus models—compatible at launch—the BlackVue SIM card is automatically activated upon powering after insertion into the built-in SIM reader. When it comes to pricing and conditions, the BlackVue SIM Card comes in 1GB ($10.99), 3GB ($23.99) and 5GB ($39.99) monthly plans, with a 1GB free month trial period to make getting started even easier. Users can cancel their plan anytime ahead of the next monthly charge.

Anyone interested in the BlackVue SIM Card can learn more at https://blackvue.com/sim.

I am a new DR750X-2 Ch LTE Plus user. Your post above comes at a perfect time. I just created a a new thread today re: the Blackvue Cloud and SIM card data usage.

Btw I do appreciate the BV cloud and all the features it provides! Can you tell me if there is "any place" that lists the approximate data that would be consumed using a SIM card such as the new one Blackvue is offering customers?

I had heard that 2 GB of SIM card data would be sufficient for most users. Well, I went from a 2 GB SIM card to a 5 GB Card and as of today to a 10 GB SIM Card in less than 60 days. It seems some functions must be using a lot of data, unless I'm just doing something wrong. I'd love to get some information on just how much data gets used with various functions such as "Live View" or "playing a 1 minute video" from the dashcam via the cloud. Thanks very much for directing me and others to where we can find this information.

I am a new DR750X-2 Ch LTE Plus user. Your post above comes at a perfect time. I just created a a new thread today re: the Blackvue Cloud and SIM card data usage.

Btw I do appreciate the BV cloud and all the features it provides! Can you tell me if there is "any place" that lists the approximate data that would be consumed using a SIM card such as the new one Blackvue is offering customers?

I had heard that 2 GB of SIM card data would be sufficient for most users. Well, I went from a 2 GB SIM card to a 5 GB Card and as of today to a 10 GB SIM Card in less than 60 days. It seems some functions must be using a lot of data, unless I'm just doing something wrong. I'd love to get some information on just how much data gets used with various functions such as "Live View" or "playing a 1 minute video" from the dashcam via the cloud. Thanks very much for directing me and others to where we can find this information.
Hi, kindly check the data consumption table in the link below.
Link: https://blackvue.com/cloud/

Remote Live View and Live Auto Upload:
1647300529927.png
Backup / Playback
1647301596588.png

Thank you!

Hi, kindly check the data consumption table in the link below.
Link: https://blackvue.com/cloud/

Remote Live View and Live Auto Upload:
View attachment 60056
Backup / Playback
View attachment 60058

Thank you!
Thank you very much! Those tables are extremely helpful, and the entire web page is very helpful as well.

Can you please confirm something I heard about using direct Wi-Fi in the car to connect with the Blackvue dashcam. Although most activities done within the the Blackvue phone app while in WiFi mode do not use any SIM card data, other activities that your phone is using (gps, Google maps/Waze, Spotify, Facebook, etc.) while you are in WiFi/camera mode will use LTE SIM card data. This can make a huge difference for some users. Is this accurate?

Back