Blackvue dash cam

TheMP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I am looking in to buying a Blackvue dr750 -2ch Lte dash cam for my Toyota Camry LE 2021. does anyone have this dash cam? If so can you please tell if does the packing mode feature The ability to see if someone is on either side of your car when in park? and can Frank and rear camera she is the person coming up on either side of you if you get pulled over! Thank you very much for any help on this

Welcome to DCT @TheMP :)

I don't have the cam but I do know that it's not mounted in such a way as to make swiveling to one side easy. That can be done with a ball-and-socket universal radar detector type mount but would be cumbersome and rather unattractive plus it could induce some vibrations while driving.

It won't cover the sides in a normal install either. You could add a separate 2-channel cam for side coverage or do something with a small single can which swivels like the B2W. There's a thread dedicated to side cams HERE which covers the topic well. There are also 3-channel cams like the A139 where the 'cabin cam' offers some side coverage but it's not ideal for best all-around coverage.

When running multiple cams while parked, powering will be an issue- you may only get a couple hours time from your car battery. Some foliks use powerbanks or the Cellink Neo to extend their cam runtime. Some info on that HERE.

Lots of ways to get what you want but it won't be simple or cheap. We're still waiting on consumer-grade 4-channel cams, right now those are available only as commercial units meant for truck fleets and such. Maybe a couple more years till we see one of those but there is at least one in the works as we speak.

Phil

Hi Phil ok thank you very much. I just wonder if I should stay with Momento M6 dual dash cam that I already have installed in my car.

I'm not familiar with that cam, but if you like what it does and it's reliable then that's an option. Or you could get the Blackvue and repurpose the M6 for use as side cams. More than a few folks here doing something similar.

Phil

Back