Blackvue DR350 giving me serious headaches!!

Devon Boy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I was bought the above camera for my birthday by the misses for when I emergency respond in my car. She has the same model and it works fine, she vaguely remembers having to do something on her laptop prior to it working but is unable to remember specifics. ( macbook BTW)

I keep getting the "please check the SD card" voice

I have put HER SD card in MY camera and it works perfectly. I 'think' I have formatted MY card and she stated that her's was blank and all folders were added by the camera upon first insertion but mine fails to do this and just keeps telling me to check it, it does the same in her camera.

So far I have tried

- swapping SD cards as described above, hers works in both.....mine works in neither,

- buying a new SD card from Currys, and that works in neither, both tell me to " check SD card"

- tearing my hair out and crying.

Please help!!!

DB

Devon Boy said:
Hi guys,

I was bought the above camera for my birthday by the misses for when I emergency respond in my car. She has the same model and it works fine, she vaguely remembers having to do something on her laptop prior to it working but is unable to remember specifics. ( macbook BTW)

I keep getting the "please check the SD card" voice

I have put HER SD card in MY camera and it works perfectly. I 'think' I have formatted MY card and she stated that her's was blank and all folders were added by the camera upon first insertion but mine fails to do this and just keeps telling me to check it, it does the same in her camera.

So far I have tried

- swapping SD cards as described above, hers works in both.....mine works in neither,

- buying a new SD card from Currys, and that works in neither, both tell me to " check SD card"

- tearing my hair out and crying.

Please help!!!

DB
Firstly FORMAT your SD card in A PC in FAT 32 format This is vitally important

Go here and download the latest firmware for the 350 and install it on the SD card

http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub ... searchstr=

Put it in your camera and wait It should work

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I will try that, it's been very confusing and frustrating as we are an Apple family and the misses managed it on hers :)

Off to a friends with a windows laptop/PC in the morning by the sounds of it. Will keep you updated.

Many thanks

Devon Boy said:
Thanks, I will try that, it's been very confusing and frustrating as we are an Apple family and the misses managed it on hers :)

Off to a friends with a windows laptop/PC in the morning by the sounds of it. Will keep you updated.

Many thanks
Its only the FAT 32 thats important I dont use a Mac so dont know if it can do it or not You could try it

Alternatively go to the Blackvue site and download the "SD Formatter"

and also the "Time reset" program

The major failing with a DR 350 is the problem with keeping the time correct I have given up with taking the card out and resetting the time every time I take the car out as I only use mine as a rear view accident camera

I also use only Mac’s and it’s not a problem to format FAT 32, in your utility folder select the app called “Disk Utility”

Once loaded, with/on Disk Utility select the name of your micro SD card (that you should have already connected to your Mac, in my case, the micro SD card is named 31.91 GB Generic STOR) select “Partition” and give select only “1” partition then on the left you’ll see the word “Format” highlight it and select “MS-DOS (FAT32)” then at the bottom select “Apply” and that’s it, you’ve formatted it FAT 32

Hope this image will be of help, it only take a moment to do

Thanks mollydog, I will try that, it sounds slightly different to what I have been doing. How do you get on with updating firmware with a MAC?

So far not been a problem to update the firmware, but I'm a novice too when it comes to the Blackvue DVR camera, I think two applications will come in handy to update the firmware, one is essential and is called Stuffit Expander, it allows you to extract the compressed file from the net its free ware.

the other comes with all Mac's and is called TexEdit. it allows you to edit the avserver.sh file, if you wanted to change the bitrate

mollydog said:
So far not been a problem to update the firmware, but I'm a novice too when it comes to the Blackvue DVR camera, I think two applications will come in handy to update the firmware, one is essential and is called Stuffit Expander, it allows you to extract the compressed file from the net its free ware.

the other comes with all Mac's and is called TexEdit. it allows you to edit the avserver.sh file, if you wanted to change the bitrate

The standard firmware for a 350 doesnt come with that file I dont think and a 350 is a lesser resolution than a 400 or 500

Is 640 x 480 30fps according to the Manual

Think I've done it, now just need to get back to my car to try it :)

Hillbilly said:
mollydog said:

The standard firmware for a 350 doesnt come with that file I dont think and a 350 is a lesser resolution than a 400 or 500

Sorry, take no notice of me mentioning the file "avserver.sh" it's a file that comes with the FW update from Mio for my DR500, so this file might have no use on a 350 or the 400. on a Mac, TexEdit is used for editing files for the Blackvue, you could just as easily use MS word or other text apps, so the TexEdit might have a use for you but for a differently named file than mine

be careful there, if you use the wrong editor the file may not be usable afterwards.

mollydog said:
Hillbilly said:
mollydog said:

Sorry, take no notice of me mentioning the file "avserver.sh" it's a file that comes with the FW update from Mio for my DR500, so this file might have no use on a 350 or the 400. on a Mac, TexEdit is used for editing files for the Blackvue, you could just as easily use MS word or other text apps, so the TexEdit might have a use for you but for a differently named file than mine

There is no hacked software for the 350 so none of this applies to it

Unfortunately after trying mollydogs instructions I'm still getting "please check the SD card"

Any ideas?!

Devon Boy said:
Unfortunately after trying mollydogs instructions I'm still getting "please check the SD card"

Any ideas?!

Ignore what Mpllydog said he is talking about a totally different model camera and modified firmware

Get a new SD card Follow the instructions I gave in the first reply.

There is NO CUSTOM FIRMWARE for a 350 so just use the one I posted. There is only the ORIGINAL firmware distributed in 2012 on the Pittasoft download site that I posted the link to.

Should work as if your other card works in both it is either a crook card or you are doing something wrong

You could ask at the shop you buy it from to format it in FAT32 if you cant do it.

Hillbilly said:
Devon Boy said:

Any ideas?!

Ignore what Mpllydog said he is talking about a totally different model camera and modified firmware

There is NO CUSTOM FIRMWARE for a 350 so just use the one I posted. There is only the ORIGINAL firmware distributed in 2012 on the Pittasoft download site that I posted the link to.

Should work as if your other card works in both it is either a crook card or you are doing something wrong

You could ask at the shop you buy it from to format it in FAT32 if you cant do it.

I have tried with two different cards :(

Hillbilly said:
Devon Boy said:

Any ideas?!

I have tried with two different cards :(

This forum might be of help

http://forums.sandisk.com/

it's the Sandisk forum so someone there is sure to know so a good idea to ask your question there, for me on the Mac to format to FAT32 "Disk Utility" works OK

Last edited by a moderator:
Back