BlackVue DR3500-FHD (black, external GPS)

I bought the DR3500 November 25. Had a replacement camera because there was something wrong with the first DR3500. Yesterday evening, I decided to return the DR3500 because the replacement camera also has problems.
No more Blackvue for me anymore! :eek:

nice design, hopefully that blue light is an option and can be turned off

not sure I like the short press for mute, long press for format, I could see people making a mistake with that and accidentally formatting their card, that's much a user problem as it is a design one though

good to see they've gone back to a more sensible lens spec and slightly better bitrate
It can turn off but the white ring while it's off is still very noticeable. It's rather annoying but not the end of the world.

ring - painted black

aeBVE.png

Ok, with reference to me.

Yes, I know.
You make excellent accessories.
I thought to buy something for yourself

Without the GPS module, how does it know the time correctly?

Without the GPS module, how does it know the time correctly?

for this built-in rechargeable battery + using timeset is possible to set the correct time

Ok thanks. So without the GPS module, how does the camera distinguish between Normal Recording and Parking Recording? Is it always based on motion?

Ok thanks. So without the GPS module, how does the camera distinguish between Normal Recording and Parking Recording? Is it always based on motion?
I was under the assumption that the g sensor is what triggers parking mode. other wise it would not leave parking mode while you move in a parking garage until you get back outside.

Hi all,

I got a problem when upgrade korean firmware to english firmware. My DR3500 repeatedly said "The version information is different" in korean. Appreciate your help a lot to solve this problem. Thank you guys and have a nice day.

DR3500-FHD as the back of the camera:

5c346a4da0d2.png

05a364da338b.png

d4e2a45933fe.png

a5d8c2bf6f70.png

8c4fd81e6bd3.png

Is there much of a video quality difference between this and the Blackvue DR650GW 1ch?

I don't need the wifi, gps, etc., so trying to decide if it's worth the cost difference to get the 650, which I wouldn't mind paying more for the 650 if the video quality is much better...

@flyboy320
look here, is there a difference?
both SonyExmor
BlackVue DR3500 - no SonyExmor

Thanks alexsoll, but I was actually looking to compare the DR3500 with the DR650. I think your links above reference the DR650 and the Streetguardian...

It does seem there is custom firmware for the DR3500 which increases the bit rate, but none that I could find for the 1CH DR650.

Back