blackvue dr400gw meets my requirements?

Capi

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi experts,
I am looking for a decent dash camera; after read and read, I think I have clear my requirements:
- the possibility to connect a external battery (powerbank)
- small and good design
- GPS
- AV out (for connect a monitor)
- Around 150usd
- Good motion detection

blackvue dr400gw meets my requirements? Can I connect it to a external portable battery?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Last edited:
U already asked same ( copy-paste ) question about Itronics ITB-100.

I replayed there that around 150$ you will not find any dashcam that would meet your requirements.

Best if u go to main page "comparison" and see what is best for you. Each popular dashcam has its own sub-forum with price and all pros and cons.

Hi experts,
I am looking for a decent dash camera; after read and read, I think I have clear my requirements:
- capacitor
- small and good design
- GPS
- AV out (for connect a monitor)
- Around 150usd
- Good motion detection

blackvue dr400gw meets my requirements? Can I connect it to a external portable battery?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

The DR 400 is no longer produced and doesn't have a capacitor in it either

The DR 400 is no longer produced and doesn't have a capacitor in it either

The capacitor is not a requirements... I want the possibility of connect the camera to a external battery (powerbank) for record while the car is stopped.

Regards,

The capacitor is not a requirements... I want the possibility of connect the camera to a external battery (powerbank) for record while the car is stopped.

Regards,

that doesn't eliminate the issue of cameras with batteries

Quote from OP

"I am looking for a decent dash camera; after read and read, I think I have clear my requirements:
- capacitor"

Whats wrong with a Power Magic like most of us use There is no such thing as a DR 400 GW

The DR 400G was the original version then DR400 G II Now DR500GW if that's what you mean.

Be specific and correct Hard to answer with incorrect info.

that doesn't eliminate the issue of cameras with batteries
What do you mean? What catch fire? With the Power Magic can happen the same?

Quote from OP

"I am looking for a decent dash camera; after read and read, I think I have clear my requirements:
- capacitor"

Whats wrong with a Power Magic like most of us use There is no such thing as a DR 400 GW

The DR 400G was the original version then DR400 G II Now DR500GW if that's what you mean.

Be specific and correct Hard to answer with incorrect info.
I do not want connect directly to the battery with the Power Magic, my battery has connected a great stereo and I do not want force more.
My idea is connect the dash camera to a external battery (powerbank).

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

the idea of cameras with capacitors is to avoid the prolonged changing, powering the camera from a different source doesn't remove the problem

the idea of cameras with capacitors is to avoid the prolonged changing, powering the camera from a different source doesn't remove the problem

Sorry, I do not understand... My English is very bad.

The functionality of Power Magic is mantain with charge the camera, or no? So... why can not connect to a powerbank?

The conclusion is, what type of camera/battery I have to choose for connect it to a powerbank when the car is stopped?

Sorry and Thanks for your patience...
Regards,

it's the battery inside the camera that is the problem, how you power the camera is not the problem

it's the battery inside the camera that is the problem, how you power the camera is not the problem
So, with the Power Magic I will have the same problem?

I do not want connect directly to the battery with the Power Magic, my battery has connected a great stereo and I do not want force more.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

The camera pulls under 1 amp so your battery or stereo wont even notice it.

What is going to charge the external battery Fresh air.

There are thousands of cameras all running off car batteries with no problem What is so wonderful and different about yours.

Seems to me you are overthinking a problem that is not there and you don't even fully understand how things actually work

power magic pro is a timer and low voltage cutoff device to save your car battery when you leave a camera running, if the camera has an internal battery it's a risk to leave it constantly powered when you're not in the vehicle

power magic pro is a timer and low voltage cutoff device to save your car battery when you leave a camera running, if the camera has an internal battery it's a risk to leave it constantly powered when you're not in the vehicle
However if the battery s**ts itself before the PM turns it off the same thing will happen.

My 400 battery swelled and died from heat and was never used in parking mode.

Lets face it Lipo batteries are born to die sooner or later LOL

you're absolutely correct, a LiPo battery has a limited life span regardless, if it was going to fail I'd much prefer that happened while I was in the car though not when it was sitting parked unattended and powered

Back