Blackvue DR490L-2ch.

Peter W

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My dealer do not recommend Blackvue DR490L-2CH, claiming there is several issues with this Blackvue model. There is problem with the screen flicker and also green video footage. The dealer told me as high as 40% failure rate for the DR490L-2CH. Further more, the defective cams he return back to Pittasoft are just been replaced with others with just same problems. The dealer recommend instead the Blackvye DR590W-2CH, that have no issues. Also he told me that the Windows / Mac viewer can not show footage from the rear cam.

Do any here have any experience or head about the problems above.

Thanks.

Ps. I am not native english spoken, so forgive my misspelling and grammar errors.

Last edited:
I have the DR590 2ch system and I can say it's been solid for the 7 months I've had it. It's endured the San Antonio, TX heat very well. I keep an OTG USB C reader in my car to download the videos straight to my phone and use the legacy Blackvue viewer to watch the footage. If I use my Mac, I just use the Blackvue viewer to watch the footage and it works fine. I have a dual boot on my Mac for windows 10 and it works fine as well. No issues viewing video from front and rear camera at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back